460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I’m building for 2014. My block is at the machine shop for boring and my rotating assembly is getting balanced as well. You will notice I didn’t list the cam yet, I ordered a custom solid flat tappet cam and lifters from Scotty J and I haven’t received it yet but it’s 260/272 @ .050, 109 LSA and 105 ICL...That's it for now. I hope to be on the dyno in 2-3 weeks. :D Expecting to see 600-625HP and maybe a 9.? time slip if my weight calculations are right and she hook's up.:D

460 D1VE block, bored .060", decked by previous owner (unsure of exactly how much yet) 472" CID
2YABC crank with King bearings
Eagle H-beams
Carl’s custom dual flycut forged Probe pistons (P51 or SCJ) 15cc dish
Speed Pro rings
Dave Freelander’s A429 heads from the “Cheapskate” build in this section
(391/200cfm and cut to 62cc)
PRW stainless 1.73 roller rockers and stud girdles
Comp and Manley pushrods
Motorsport “victor” intake re-drilled for a 1050, not ported at this point
1050 dominator carb
14 x 4" air cleaner with K/N xtreme top.
MSD dizzy and 6AL
PRW electric water pump
Canton 6qt street/strip pan for a fox body
Melling HV oil pump and ARP pump shaft.
Hooker super comp LT headers, 2" primaries with 3.5" collectors

·
Registered
666 Posts
Can't wait to see how much she puts down I'm building the set up for my 2000 stang I'm using scj heads and a solid roller cam same pistons as you I'm waiting on machine shop also. Good luck and keep us posted

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By my calculations my car will be 2965lbs with the driver. I'm going to weigh it this spring.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I just built a 472 with flat tops and .015 in the hole .720 comp solid roller 268/[email protected] out of the box eddy RPM's and a 1050 dommy, 8" converter w/glide and 430 gears in a 3650LB Cyclone and its been [email protected] and [email protected] so if your car is lighter than 3650 it will go into the 9"s pretty easy, I will keep reading so let us know when you get there, good luck
Thats near perfect hook up......nice going any pics?

Going by the moroso calculator,IMO is a good guide.........your making 610 real HP at the fly. Nice build Butterbean.

Bigrigtech you will be easy mid to high 9's.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess time will tell what it will run and if it will hook well enough to go in the 9's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts