460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this kit with the intention of building a motor for my 78 truck, but I think the 528 pro sand guy is selling is just a better deal, and a better bet for what I want. So here it is for sale. I'll take $665 plus shipping, which is exactly what I have in it. Its got

Speed Pro, forged, 23cc dished pistons, L2404F .060 4.420 bore with 5/64, 5/64, 3/16

Brand new Ford 6.605, F9TE-BA rods,

Ford 2Y ABC Crankshaft internally balanced

Cleveite 77 bearings

Total seal rings

The kit has been internally balanced, and all pistons and rods weight matched.

Jones broke one ring during assembly but sent me another ring to replace the broken ring. It only needs to be check for ring end gap.

The crankshaft had a couple of nicks on one journal but he decided to just polish the journals instead of doing a re-grind. Due to the lack of bearing selection if you were to grind the crankshaft. Every engine builder he showed the journal too said that they wouldn't be scared of that since it has been polished.

Its sitting ready to ship in my living room, exactly as received from jones, it was opened to confirm everything was fine, then sealed right back. I'm in East Tenn. and would prefer to ship ups, but if you prefer something different we can talk.

Heres the pics.

Crank ready to ship.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on someone needs an awesome bottomend for a street motor, and this ol boy needs a 12:1 compression stroker for his beast.

·
Registered
279 Posts
:D:D That Japan address might be scaring everybody off maybe I dont know, but didnt I read somewhere this stuff you selling is in east Tenn.

What the deal with the burnt look on that one rod.
Neil

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All parts are brand new, I don't know about the burnt look. I can pm jones and ask him if its a huge concern. All parts are located in Knoxville area of East Tenn. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know what comp would be with 75cc heads? And how much to ship to 55428?
Are the rod bolts stock or ARP ???
Comp. ratio would be 9.6 or 9.6:1 with a 10.300 deck height and 75cc heads, I think. As far as I know there stock rod bolts. Other than having my wife verify that everything was there, and in good shape, I haven't seen the parts. I've been having trouble getting home from Japan on leave and the parts are in Tenn.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump. Just got orders to stay in Okinawa for 3 more years, now definetly have no use, and no need to bring it with me. Somebody wants to do a mild build for a truck or street car

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, I would love to get that stuff, but I dont think the pistons would work for an R/V type engine, comp might be to high.
Neil
Run a little larger volume head, and you'd have no problems. lol. I'll do $650 and pay half the shipping via UPS. I'm gonna be in Japan a while, and may be working a sponsorship with a small shop to get my truck built on payments in exchange for running there name, parts, and fab work. So this kit is gonna sit neglected for a while unless one of ya'll buy it and make some use of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts