460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to sell this since I picked up a 4.3 crank early this year. I'm still early enough in the engine build to sell this shortblock and build a 521.

I bought the shortblock from Dave Miester on here. It's a nice piece and Dave is a stand up guy.

Parts include:

D1VE block
Stock crank
Eagle SIR's bushed and floated for .990 pins
Ross forged pistons, domed with valve reliefs for Blue Thunder "B" heads. Lowered ring lands, good for nitrous. JE nitrous wrist pins
Speed Pro "hellfire" rings
Canton main support and windage tray
Clevite "P" main and rod bearings
Durabond cam bearings
Used set of cometic 4.670" head gaskets (still good)

Block has been zero decked, bored and honed with deck plates for .006" cylinder wall clearance. The entire assembly is internally balanced.

This engine made 6 passes down the dragstrip with 300hp of nitrous to 9.20's at 149 in Dave's Torino. He took it out and made 12 N/A pulls on an engine dyno to test his vacuum pump. It made 675hp N/A shutting off at 7000 rpms. This engine blows no oil and runs excellent.

Asking $2000 plus shipping, that's what I paid. It's a nice piece with nice parts.

Shipping/delivery can be discussed. I may be able to get a break on shipping depending on your location. My Dad works for a nationwide freight carrier. Or depending on where you are at I possibly could deliver for a small fee or meet you halfway, etc...

May consider taking some 6.8 rods and pistons for a 521 on partial trade. Let me know what you have.

[email protected]

·
Registered
377 Posts
definately all good parts with very little run time. did the machining myself and know it's right. the cometics can be reused. Time to go bigger, eh John?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still here. My car won't be finished for the Bash so my options for a larger engine are still open. Gotta sell this one first before I go larger.......

I can drag this to the Bash with me.......

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll be bring them crawfish. But that's if I even go. I have some work related stuff going on that may keep me from attending. My dad still plans to go though.

I need to have a discussion with my boss over this "work" stuff....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts