460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and have to say that I am glad to be a part of anything that has to do with Big Block Fords. I mainly race Super Street in NHRA's Division 7 but love to turn the throttle stop off and bracket race also. Here is what I have:
1969 two bolt block with Milodon four bolt caps on the middle three bearings, Cast iron crank of the same vintage ground to .010 on both sides. Scat H-Beam rods connected to dome top Ross pistons producing about 14:1 compression ratio, Super Cobra Jet heads from Jon Kaase with just a small amount of clean up work done to the ports, 2.190 and 1.760 valves with Crower springs and hardware, Harlan Sharp 1.73 ratio roller rockers and a Crower solid roller camshaft. The cam duration at .050 is 260I & 268E, with lift of .720 on both sides, topped with an Edelbrock Victor and a Davinci Spider Dominator. The combo made 810 HP at 6500 RPM and 728 ft lbs of torque at 5000 RPM. It is in a 1986 T-Bird chassis car that weighs 2500# with driver, with a two speed and a Dana 60 with 4.30 gears, best e.t. of 9.03 @ 151 MPH. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, when I turn the stop off it will cross the line at about 7200 RPM which I do not like with the cast crank. I generally run about 6800-6900 on the stop. I am glad to see Scat is offering a stock stroke steel crank now. It will be in my engine when the next freshen up happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you are correct on the crank, it just seems heavy and it is cast with high compression and quite a bit of horsepower. It has made it through 350 passes and whatever milage before that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts