460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500" motor. complete less intake and carb. I bought this from Charlie Evans several years ago. It is a 4.500 bore, 3.9? stroke assembly in a Boss Block, Block has been filled to the bottom of the water jackets. The motor mounts have been milled off. It must be mounted using Motor plates.
Heads are Motorsport A-460, with Titanium valves. These heads flow big numbers and were preped by Kaase. They have quite a lot of epoxy on the intake side.
Roller cam valve train is included.
Oil pan Included.
Bolt on your intake, carb, and drop in a distributor and its ready to go.
Motor made 980hp on Dyno. Have dyno sheet from Kaase, Moody, Evans.

7000.00/BO

Motor located near Winchester Virginia, Must be picked up.

Picture of OIL PAN :lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a lot of questions on this motor. Here are more details....

I shifted the motor at 6800-7000. These short stroke motors will take a lot of RPMs. If you are going to lean on the motor real hard....I would put a set of rods in it.

The motor makes a lot of power for a 500" motor. It made almost 1000hp on the dyno. The heads are probably some of the best flowing A460s on the planet. However it should be noted they do have epoxy in the intake and have been gound on extensively. If you are serious about the engine just contact Charlie Evans he can tell you all about it.

The valves have lash caps. I put these on during the last valve job. I had the ends of the valves trued up...The lash caps were a better option than $120.00 each valves. It has fairly new K-Motion K1000H springs. I would say less than 30 runs on the valve springs. It has a stud girdle, and herbert rockers.

The crank is a sonny bryant, It is a BOSS block. BME rods, and Probe pistons.

The block is filled to the bottom of the water pump holes.

If you want to see the dyno sheet....just send me your fax number and I will fax you a copy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the flow numbers...I'll try to dig them up. I remember the numbers were very high at mid lift.

I was running a new style TFS intake with a Rons injection set up. I sold another set of A-460 heads that I had and let the intake go with them.

As far as motor plates go....I am a dealer for S&W race cars so if we need to come up with a motor plate to get the deal done. I'm sure we can.

·
Registered
36 Posts
dyno sheet please

can you fax a copy of dyno sheet plus head flow if possible also whats the motor run in what combo car thanks chuck 717-528-4378 fax

·
Registered
329 Posts
great guy to deal with

Just wanted to say thanks for the new motor we got it home with no problems,,, other then mother nature, she really reared her ugly head when we got back to Ont.

also wanted to make note for anyone else thinking of dealing with Andy that he is great to deal with, went out of his way to take some of the worries out of buying a used motor, great communication, stand up guy

thanks again
Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts