460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys building a new motor with a sat of BT heads CJ ports just was wondering if I would see a big difference or if any between a 501 vs 521 bottom end have everything for the 501 need to by pistons for the 521 that y I'm asking

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Kind of depends what you're trying to achieve. Each has advantages or disadvantages depending on application.

;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like to get some mid nines car is about mid 2900lbs can u be more specific trying to achieve this on motor

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Like to get some mid nines car is about mid 2900lbs can u be more specific trying to achieve this on motor
okay, soooo....drag racing. Intended rpm range? Cast or forged? Internal or external balance? Compression ratio desired?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is a all out race car with aluminum rods forged pistons and crank don't want to go no bigger than a 0.30 bore all of what u ask is really not a concern. I more looking at what to expect in hp & tq knowing that some things will be different between the two or should I say is it worth spending the money on another set of piston if I have everything for the 501 kit and yes drag racing 1\4 mile mostly

·
Registered
666 Posts
This is a all out race car with aluminum rods forged pistons and crank don't want to go no bigger than a 0.30 bore all of what u ask is really not a concern. I more looking at what to expect in hp & tq knowing that some things will be different between the two or should I say is it worth spending the money on another set of piston if I have everything for the 501 kit and yes drag racing 1\4 mile mostly
WOW.... Not a concern but yet you want max power...

Carl builds these things and can't help unless you list what your looking for a 501 can make big power or small power what your asking is a loaded question without the proper knowing what your looking for....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I don't want max power I did state what l was trying to do I asked about hp & TQ between the to I'm sure Carl has been doing this and appear to have been in business long enough to read between the lines. Like u said they have been doing this for a long time I would think it would be as simple as saying u would need this much compression,etc for a 501 to get what u need and vise versa for a 521 or maybe u forgot to introduce urself as their new spokesperson

·
Registered
666 Posts
No I don't want max power I did state what l was trying to do I asked about hp & TQ between the to I'm sure Carl has been doing this and appear to have been in business long enough to read between the lines. Like u said they have been doing this for a long time I would think it would be as simple as saying u would need this much compression,etc for a 501 to get what u need and vise versa for a 521 or maybe u forgot to introduce urself as their new spokesperson
It's not a pissing match to me but your the one asking for free advice...

P.S hi I am so and so And build this and that

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ur advise would have been greatly appreciated but don't see where u give any u just spoke on what u assumed Carl might say or think and it also seem like u clearly didn't read what I was asking

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey guys building a new motor with a sat of BT heads CJ ports just was wondering if I would see a big difference or if any between a 501 vs 521 bottom end have everything for the 501 need to by pistons for the 521 that y I'm asking
20 extra cubic inches should yield appx. 30 more horsepower (assuming you are at 1.5 hp/cu inch).

Mid nines at 3000 lbs weight would require about 700 hp.

Both the 501 or 521 can easily get to 700+ Hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts