460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
502 short block in NC Price Reduced*1800.00$*

Bought a 502 short block a few years back from a guy here. He put about 20 passes on it. I haven't had the chance to even use it, so I've had it sealed up and oiled every so often since then. I've come to realize I'm not going to get around to it so here it is.

502 cubic inches in a DIVE 2 bolt block. Internal Balanced
Zero decked
SRP flat top pistons with two valve reliefs.
Eagle H-Beam 6.800 rods.
Scat 4.150 9000 crank shaft. (I cant read the numbers on the crank so I'm guessing is a 9000 series)
ARP Rod bolts
ARP Main Bolts, with girdle. (Girdle has an area cut out so a stock type oil pump can be used.)
Double Roller Timing Chain

Solid cam from Scotty J at RHP
Intake & Exhaust
Lobe Center Sep = 108.7 Cam Deg
Valve Overlap = 44.2 Crank Deg

Intake
Valve Opening = 22.1 'BTDC
Lobe Center = 107.5 'ATDC
Valve Closure = 58.6 'ABDC
Duration = 260.7 Crank Deg
Max Cam Lift = .37138 IN.
Net Valve Lift = .5942 IN.
Lobe Area = 32.96 IN * Deg

Exhaust
Valve Opening = 62.3 'BBDC
Lobe Center = 109.8 'BTDC
Valve Closure = 22.1 'ATDC
Duration = 264.4 Crank Deg
Max Cam Lift = .37079 IN.
Net Valve Lift = .59326 IN.
Lobe Area = 33.1 IN * Deg

Asking $2000.00. I can take some pics by request. The motor turns over fine and has been well kept. I prefer it to be picked up or we can make arrangements for it to be delivered or even meet half way, I could use a road trip lol. If you have any questions just post them or pm me. I'm in North Carolina.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
97 Posts
motor

Yes I was wondering if I could get some pics of the motor 2 c if I would be interested. I am in goldsboro NC thks for any info and pics...Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pilot Mountain NC, about 30 mins above Winston Salem. I'll get some pics for you guys as soon as I can and post them

Sean

·
Registered
279 Posts
That would be right nice in the motorhome & Pilot Mtn aint that fur frum me, but I hate to thank what them pistons would do to my billfold buying gas to keep them cool.

That one looks real good no dought, but just wondering if you got anything else laying around to build up a good torque engine to pull a lot of weight, 24,000lbs.
Something I can set the cruise on & run up & down 52 out there without dropping down in passing gear.

We go up to East Bend alot racing, if you know anybody down that way.
Neil

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not quite sure what the comp ratio would be, I never did get around to bolting heads on it.

Also as far as extra parts laying around, other than the 429 I just put in my Mustang, I don't believe I have anymore bbf parts, but if I come across anything, I'll keep you in mind.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ok, good deal & thanks for that.

I've got a 73 D1 429 with D3s, but I want to build it to a 460 or bigger. Thinking of a 501 or 514, but need to find a crank, rods & pistons before I can do that.

Any real good machining places around you or any that will for a fair price.
Thanks Neil

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I've missed any pm's I'm sorry just let me know. I really need this thing gone.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still have this. Had a few interested people, but nothing solid. I know some people have asked what the comp ratio would be with certain head combos. All I know is it is zero decked, .030 over, and -3cc valve reliefs according to the SRP piston website. They have a chart posted there. http://www.srp.com/cat/auto/ford/460_flat_inv.shtml

Sean

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey thunder sorry i havent gotten back with you been out of town with work. I am checking on some other short blocks also and wanting to c how everything plays out....... should no something 1 way or the other by weeks end or the first of april....thks for the pics it really helps..Can you tell me if a set of steel heads with alot of work done to them will bolt on to this with no prob....

Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't see why not. You would have to check the link I posted to the SRP website to check the estimated comp ratio though.

Sean

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bumpity Bump, I'm tired of looking at this thing sitting on the lonely side of the shop lol..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts