460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building a 51 f1 for my wife, its getting tubbed at the fab shop but i have a problem. when i bought the truck it had no bed and i need to know the width from inside fenderwell to inside fenderwell on the bed.if anyone has this mesurement it would be greatly appreciated. thanks. mark

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I dont believe there is a wheel well at all on the 48-52. Just the distance between the bed sides. My father has the cab to a 51 we have been wanting to start on for years...just never can get things in order. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i ment is from the outside of the rear fender to the outside of the other rear fender. i need this dimension so i know how wide to make the rear end so i can get the right backspacing on the rims. thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
F100 Beds

I have a 54F100 under construction. If I recall the bed is 54" for side to side. Stock fenders are 12" deep for total of 78" outside fender to outside fender. I have a 9" that was narrowed and am using FG fenders that are 2 1/2" deeper than stock with 10" wheels w/ 6" dish (4" backspacing). If you need more I can get out the tape. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts