460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have 514 stroker with ported super cobra jet heads 10;1 compression pump gas, victor jr intake, Cast nodular iron 4.300" stroker crank
Ford Racing forged aluminum dished pistons with full floating pins
This is the motor I have
http://www.fordracingparts.com/m/part.asp?p=6188

I want 900- 1200 hp what do I need to do to make this possible?
Is this motor worth the changes or would I be better off starting from scratch?
Used in mud application I'm looking into blower/injection application just not sure what route to take. I would like to run alcohol vs race fuel just to the pure fact that it's cheaper to run

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also what would the expense be to get where I want to be money wise. This is going to be a long term build, getting ready for next season. Thanks

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
10k max if that's possible but obviously more if I would be starting from scratch
I'v been spending the long cold winter nights with my comp and Dyno program designing a 514" for my Dragster. I've got a NA 1,200 HP and 1,005 LB/FT TQ @ 6,500 RPM program designed if you would be interested. Just PM me and I'll give you the specs.
Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would this motor be worth going blown? Or would I be better starting over

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'v been spending the long cold winter nights with my comp and Dyno program designing a 514" for my Dragster. I've got a NA 1,200 HP and 1,005 LB/FT TQ @ 6,500 RPM program designed if you would be interested. Just PM me and I'll give you the specs.
Rob
im am 110% interested in the specs!!! i have a good start to my 557 stroker and could use some help if you dont mind, however idk how to PM someone

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
im am 110% interested in the specs!!! i have a good start to my 557 stroker and could use some help if you dont mind, however idk how to PM someone
Just click on my screen name and you will get a drop down menu. BTW I've refined the program further with a set of CNC'd A heads that flow in excess of 500CFM on the intake side that makes 1,362 horsepower and 1,101 lb/ft of torque @ 6,500 RPM. Gotta love those 514's. (plus it's all in the cam and induction system).
Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just pulled my motor out of my truck going to try and get some more power out of the one I have now just to run this season. What parts can I put into it to get at least in the 800hp range. I'm getting forged internals but not sure what to go with for a cam or if I should go with flat top or reverse domed pistons

Also can't decide on leaving it a 514 or move up to a 557

I'm on a little more of a budget now that I'm just freshening this motor up and trying to get more out of it.

The big build will come this fall.
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone have a build sheet who has a 545 or 557 who made over 800 hp they would share with me?
It would save me lots of time lol this will be my first engine build that I'm doing all myself besides most of the machining work, I have an old friend who has experience who's going to walk me through it.
Any help or advise is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Mland, if you have specific dimensions of the parts that you have or intend to use PM me. I can design a number motor that you'll be surprised with. I'm doing it for free right now but as soon as I get a few more builds under my belt I plan on offering a service on here for an undecided price. Come 'n get it! lol
Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mland, if you have specific dimensions of the parts that you have or intend to use PM me. I can design a number motor that you'll be surprised with. I'm doing it for free right now but as soon as I get a few more builds under my belt I plan on offering a service on here for an undecided price. Come 'n get it! lol
Rob
Thanks Rob! Pm sent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts