460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Lem nice build............can u share more about the build?

What would be min stall for a street car on this build?

Cheers, Bob

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lem, what makes the torque peak RPM so much higher than the HP RPM? Wide lobe center? The longer stroke? Do you have any head flow #s? Thanks.
Rob
I'm not sure that i totally understand the question. Relative to the peak hp rpm.....it's governed mostly by the duration of the camshaft. The engine is going in a street driven car and the owner wanted a package that'd live with his converter and an operating range up to ~ 6,000 rpm. So, it was camed accordingly.

The intake side of the heads are 375ish cfm. There was no intent or attempt to make a 400 cfm port. Things were size to fit the application.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I'm not sure that i totally understand the question. Relative to the peak hp rpm.....it's governed mostly by the duration of the camshaft. The engine is going in a street driven car and the owner wanted a package that'd live with his converter and an operating range up to ~ 6,000 rpm. So, it was camed accordingly.

The intake side of the heads are 375ish cfm. There was no intent or attempt to make a 400 cfm port. Things were size to fit the application.
The torque peak is a lot higher than the HP peak, RPM wise. I've always seen the torque peak below the HP peak, RPM wise.
Rob

·
Registered
562 Posts
what is the carb pad height on the manifold? nice build i have usually only seen this manifold used on 6700+ rpm motors. do you think a victor would cost much power?
thanks, wayne

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome, This is almost my exact engine. I have a 501 w/ unported scj, TFS mafia, Holley 1050 dom, and flat tappet cam that I am looking to get dyno'd locally over the winter. With a good valve job and bowl blend, do you think I could come close to these numbers with my current cam?
specs are:
•Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 290/298
•Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 257/265
•Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .649/.649
•LSA/ICL: 110/106
•Valve Lash (Int/Exh): .018/.018
•RPM Range: 3000-7200

·
Registered
23 Posts
A big thank you goes out to Lem and Phillip Oakley with this build. The initial goal was to use a torker 2 and aim for the 650ish Hp mark. After double checking the hood clearance and looking at the port work required to get the torker 2 to work we decided to give the mafia intake a go. It ended up being much more than I expected and definitely more power than the car can put to the ground. It will be going in a 67 fairlane sedan street car backed with a c-6 and probably 3500ish converter.

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A big thank you goes out to Lem and Phillip Oakley with this build. The initial goal was to use a torker 2 and aim for the 650ish Hp mark. After double checking the hood clearance and looking at the port work required to get the torker 2 to work we decided to give the mafia intake a go. It ended up being much more than I expected and definitely more power than the car can put to the ground. It will be going in a 67 fairlane sedan street car backed with a c-6 and probably 3500ish converter.
Good to see that you claim this child. LOL :-}

1 - 20 of 44 Posts