460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been collecting parts for an engine build over the years but project car is now sold so I have no need to hang on to all the parts. Someone can get a great deal here. All parts are new and unused (except the block of course). Would like to be able to sell all parts together for $3,500.00 as I have over 7k in all of this. But I have listed some prices and if doesn’t sell together I will separate.

— 460 Iron Block, D1VE-A2B, bored 0.060 over, line honed, cam bearings and freeze plugs installed, cleaned, blasted, and painted, 4 bolt Angle Bolt Milodon Main Caps on center 3 mains. All machine work done by Action Auto in New Port Richey, FL. I have 1,000.00 invested in the machine work and main caps and alone. Milodon Main Stud Kit naturally will go with the block and Main Caps. Do not currently have photos of the block but can go and take some if needed. — Asking $600.00

—Probe Industries 525 Stroker Kit, Scat 4340 4.300” Stroker Crankshaft, Scat 6.800” H-Beam Connecting Rods, Probe Industries 14804-060 Dished (-33.3cc) Pistons. Rod and Main Bearings. $2,159.00 invested.
— Asking $1,700.00

— Comp Cams Custom Ground Camshaft by Lem Evans. Cam Spec Card below:
— Asking $200.00

— Weiand Stealth 8021 Intake Manifold. With 155-2005 ARP intake Manifold bolt Kit
— Asking $250.00

— Comp Cams 836-16 Endure-X Mechanical Roller Lifters.
— Asking $400.00

— Computronix DIS-8 Distributorless Ignition System.
— Asking 450.00

— Ford Motorsports M-6003-A429 Engine Gasket Set
— Asking $75.00

— ARP Stainless Steel 12 point head engine fastener Kit 555-9501
— Asking $150.00

Located in Jackson, MS

I’ve never shipped heavy items like engine blocks and Stroker kits before so if not willing to pick-up then buyer will need to make arrangements for shipping of those parts or we can work something out.

Not putting my personal phone numbers or email on here so Message me for more information or photos.

-Canon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. But it does come with Milodon 4 bolt Main caps that have already been drilled and bolted in place. will still need align bored on mains before assembly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, what would you take as a package deal for all of the parts ?
Thank you,
Kevin
Kevin,

I will take 3500 for everything I have. You can even have the engine stand the block is mounted on. And also 460 to C4 bell housing I forgot I even had.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kevin,

I will take 3500 for everything I have. You can even have the engine stand the block is mounted on. And also 460 to C4 bell housing I forgot I even had.
Why such a low price ?
525 Stroker Kit, Iron block, Cam, Roller Lifters, Intake, Stud Kit, DIS-8 Ignition

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car that I was planning this build for is now sold and I’m married with 5 kids so I don’t have the time or money to complete this build. Instead of letting these parts sit around taking up space I figured I’d give someone a great deal that would put these parts to use the way I wanted to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The car that I was planning this build for is now sold and I’m married with 5 kids so I don’t have the time or money to complete this build. Instead of letting these parts sit around taking up space I figured I’d give someone a great deal that would put these parts to use the way I wanted to.
FIVE KIDS !
No wonder you need money. lol...
Do you have heads ?
Does it need any further machining ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FIVE KIDS !
No wonder you need money. lol...
Do you have heads ?
Does it need any further machining ?
Well you know that age old story.... car guy loves cars and working on engines but gets married and has kids and has a different set of priorities.

I do not have heads. I sold the original iron heads years ago and had planned to buy a set of aluminum SCJ heads if I ever got around to it (never got a round to it).
Only machine work still needed will be a final align bore on the mains with the Milodon 4 bolt mains torqued down. I had decided to install the 4 bolt mains after I had the other machine work done, but they are just hot bolted in place so that final align bore is still needed prior to assembling the short block.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well you know that age old story.... car guy loves cars and working on engines but gets married and has kids and has a different set of priorities.

I do not have heads. I sold the original iron heads years ago and had planned to buy a set of aluminum SCJ heads if I ever got around to it (never got a round to it).
Only machine work still needed will be a final align bore on the mains with the Milodon 4 bolt mains torqued down. I had decided to install the 4 bolt mains after I had the other machine work done, but they are just hot bolted in place so that final align bore is still needed prior to assembling the short block.
Did you buy everything from CHP ?
Where did the 525cu....(usually it's from 514, 521,532, etc) kit come from ?
I've been looking at Kaase P-51 heads.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you buy everything from CHP ?
Where did the 525cu....(usually it's from 514, 521,532, etc) kit come from ?
I've been looking at Kaase P-51 heads.
How much do you have in the entire set up ?
I need to go to bed, maybe we can chat on the pH tomorrow.
What's your number and best time to call ?

I'm in Ne. Central time.
482-781-2322

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Essentially same components as a CHP 521/532 Stroker Kit. But a 4.390” bore would be 521. A 4.440 would be 532. But with .060 over pistons at 4.420 yields a 525. I’m not sure how they designate all of their Kit numbers now but when I ordered this Kit you can see with the selections I made when I ordered this Kit the full Stroker Kit item part number is 14804-SCA-325-F525.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Essentially same components as a CHP 521/532 Stroker Kit. But a 4.390” bore would be 521. A 4.440 would be 532. But with .060 over pistons at 4.420 yields a 525. I’m not sure how they designate all of their Kit numbers now but when I ordered this Kit you can see with the selections I made when I ordered this Kit the full Stroker Kit item part number is 14804-SCA-325-F525.
I can't find that part number, is it one of these ?

Ford Engine Kit - Ford 521 / 532 Stroker Kit, 460 SCJ Kaase Reverse Dome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. It would be the pro street kit on that webpage because I have the 4340 forged crank and h beam connecting rods. I purchased this Stroker Kit probably 10 years ago so that is why you can’t find the exact part number. Probe industries ised to partner with CHP for the Stroker kits but Probe Industries is now Vigilante Performance and you can go to their webpage too www.vigilanteparts.com and see it would be their 521/533 - 4.300 Stroke “Vindicator” Kit is what they call this set up now apparently I just looked it up. I’m at work now but can talk on the phone when I get off. I have a long commute between 5:00 and 6:00 if that works for you I will DM my phone number to you. I’m also on central time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. It would be the pro street kit on that webpage because I have the 4340 forged crank and h beam connecting rods. I purchased this Stroker Kit probably 10 years ago so that is why you can’t find the exact part number. Probe industries ised to partner with CHP for the Stroker kits but Probe Industries is now Vigilante Performance and you can go to their webpage too www.vigilanteparts.com and see it would be their 521/533 - 4.300 Stroke “Vindicator” Kit is what they call this set up now apparently I just looked it up. I’m at work now but can talk on the phone when I get off. I have a long commute between 5:00 and 6:00 if that works for you I will DM my phone number to you. I’m also on central time.
Ok, so this...https://www.vigilanteparts.com/Probe_Vindicator_Engine_Kit_p/9204-21021.htm
Is the rotating assembly balanced ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so this...https://www.vigilanteparts.com/Probe_Vindicator_Engine_Kit_p/9204-21021.htm
Is the rotating assembly balanced ?
Yes. When I purchased the kit they were offering rotating assembly balancing free when you purchase a full Stroker Kit. You can see the last item on the invoice in the picture is Labor-Balancing, Balance-Neutral-Internal. The final weights are documented on the connecting rod box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. When I purchased the kit they were offering rotating assembly balancing free when you purchase a full Stroker Kit. You can see the last item on the invoice in the picture is Labor-Balancing, Balance-Neutral-Internal. The final weights are documented on the connecting rod box.

View attachment 92828
Not knowing the 385/460, just FE and Chevy,... with the bore & stroke, what kind of HP/TQ should it produce ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would you consider $2500.00 plus shipping for everything but the block, cam and intake?
I would consider it if no one buys the entire lot. Have a possible pending sale for everything I have. Will let you know if that doesn’t work out and we can make it happen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts