460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the motor is on its way home. This will be going into my old ford truck.

'71 DOVE-C block from a Lincoln, 2 bolt main, ARP studs and Canton main girdle, tall fill cement, bored .080, oiling mods
4.3 Scat light weight forged crank
6.8 Scat H beam forged rods
4.44 JE flat top forged pistons with 2 valve reliefs (approx 12.8:1)
Comp solid roller cam, 34-715-9 and springs to match
Isky lifters
Smith Bros push rods
Scorpion roller rockers 1.73:1
TFS Street heads, max ported by Scotty J
Victor intake
Canton oil pan, windage tray
1095 Demon carb, HVH spacer
2" long tube fender exit headers

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1722/532e.jpg

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ah thanks for the info! Nice to see someone using an off the shelf grind just to see that they do make good power, as well. That torque is seriously nuts!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Nice build good job.............. Also hats off to Scotty ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah the numbers turned out better then I was expecting, which is always a nice surprise!! Waiting on my converter to show up and I can slide it all into the truck and have a test n tune day at our own pit.

The other thing worth mentioning is that the MSD dizzy is locked out at 38* timing. Tried with a retard start and it lost power, so they just locked it out and made more power.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Yeah the numbers turned out better then I was expecting, which is always a nice surprise!! Waiting on my converter to show up and I can slide it all into the truck and have a test n tune day at our own pit.

The other thing worth mentioning is that the MSD dizzy is locked out at 38* timing. Tried with a retard start and it lost power, so they just locked it out and made more power.
Thats the first engine with TFS Streets I have seen that needed that much timing to make peak power. (interesting) Usually it's between 28-30 degrees

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Congrats... Nice numbers...:cool::cool:

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Its running!! Heres a vid of a test run in the driveway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Kw0j5aKXE

And to answer the Q's on the oiling system, its plumbed so that all the mains get the same amount of oil at all rpm. It is restricted to the top end, and the pump has been dialed in by Ron at Precision. 90psi on cold start up.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I AM NEW TO BBF WHAT ARE THE ALUM LINES AND FITTINGS IN YOUR LIFFTER VALLY
FOR
OILLINB I AM GUESSING

I HAVE NOT SEEN IT
OR
HURD ANONE TALKING ABOUT IR BR FOR

WERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT IT

Finally the motor is on its way home. This will be going into my old ford truck.

'71 DOVE-C block from a Lincoln, 2 bolt main, ARP studs and Canton main girdle, tall fill cement, bored .080, oiling mods
4.3 Scat light weight forged crank
6.8 Scat H beam forged rods
4.44 JE flat top forged pistons with 2 valve reliefs (approx 12.8:1)
Comp solid roller cam, 34-715-9 and springs to match
Isky lifters
Smith Bros push rods
Scorpion roller rockers 1.73:1
TFS Street heads, max ported by Scotty J
Victor intake
Canton oil pan, windage tray
1095 Demon carb, HVH spacer
2" long tube fender exit headers

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1722/532e.jpg

·
Registered
895 Posts

Really nice numbers Myron !!! I guess you hit the high side of my dyno sims ! Great job, I hope mine works out that well. How many quarts does that pan hold ? I'll probably go with that same style. I am going to give you a call about the oil system later and talk.

Mark L.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really nice numbers Myron !!! I guess you hit the high side of my dyno sims ! Great job, I hope mine works out that well. How many quarts does that pan hold ? I'll probably go with that same style. I am going to give you a call about the oil system later and talk.

Mark L.

The pan holds 9 liters, fits really nice, no clearance issues at all. Really happy with how it turned out, had to switch the thermostat today, seems to have made all the difference. It took a lot longer for it to even get to 160* which is great, should be able to do a couple runs without getting hot now. Yeah call me anytime and we'll talk!!

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thank you Mark.

Somehow I managed to miss this...

:D
Scotty,

We have seen several of these max ported tfs street engines on dyno and it seems that if they are at least 12:1 or better, the torque peak is right at 4800 rpm and peak hp is at right at 6500 regardless of the cam used. They just make bigger numbers there as compression and cam size goes up. :confused:

Thought that kind of interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Scotty,

We have seen several of these max ported tfs street engines on dyno and it seems that if they are at least 12:1 or better, the torque peak is right at 4800 rpm and peak hp is at right at 6500 regardless of the cam used. They just make bigger numbers there as compression and cam size goes up. :confused:

Thought that kind of interesting.
Must be tied into the small port high velocity nature of the castings.

Over 800 HP at just 6000 RPM startled me. I can not say enough good about them.

I did not spec the cam for myron but am wondering how 276/286 might have done on a 108???

:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts