460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Finally got her painted!!! (Scroll down) It's a little dusty but you get the idea. Hopefully I can paint the rest of the car next year. Threw in a pic of the glide I'll be using. Running a little behind but I should have it going in a month or so. A lot of electrical crap to wire :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well I can't divulge all my secrets but basically it's a 4.300 stroke, 4.440 bore with a solid street roller from Comp. The cam is very similar to their 292R grind. I've got a Holley HP1000 carb on it and I'm running Blue Thunder heads with the raised CJ exhaust port. Shooting for 650-700 on motor and close to 900 on spray. It's high 8's or bust!!! Oh yeah the compression is 11.1 plus :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dfree383 said:
Being Sneaky....... Painting those BT heads...... 8)
Dave, did I say Blue Thunder? I meant DOVE heads :)

Doesn't matter the small block guy's at the track wouldn't know a BBF if it fell on them :?

D

·
0 Posts
jims91notch said:
dfree383 said:

Doesn't matter the small block guy's at the track wouldn't know a BBF if it fell on them :?
You ain't A kiddin' their !! You could probably get away running "M**S" at NYIRP and they wouldn't even know..... :lol:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

dfree383 said:
jims91notch said:
dfree383 said:

You ain't A kiddin' their !! You could probably get away running "M**S" at NYIRP and they wouldn't even know..... :lol:

I was going to run in MOMS (Mustangs on Mustangs- local race) but I made the mistake of asking if they would allow big blocks and Jamie Meyer (who still runs moms but works for GM) said he didn't want them competing. It's a long story but most of the MOMS racers were for it but Dr. Meyer said no? No big deal, It gives me one more reason to go pick on the "small" block guy's. Eventually I'll have to find some real competition though :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts