460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day lads,

I recently bought an unassembled 545 stroker engine, minus heads, intake and induction. I wonder if I could get some advice. Car will be a tough street car, looking at 750hp plus. I will list the parts I have below, and ask a few questions after that.

2 bolt block machined
Scat 4.5" cast crank
Scat H beam rods 6.7"
Icon forged pistons IC860.030
Lunati solid roller 40340733
Lunati roller lifters
ARP head stud kit
Custom tri-y headers 2" primary, 3" collector
Melling oil pump but I am going to get a Kaase pump. I had a Melling pump snap in my last engine so I am not running that risk again.

OK so I need the top end. I am thinking Trickflow 325 heads 78cc chamber TFS-5341T010-C01. Are the only other options with my heads the Edelbrocks? What about intake? I am wanting to run EFI, so was looking at the Holley Sniper. Do I use the 4150 style throttle body or the 4500? This engine needs to run happily on 98 pump fuel. I may add a shot of nitrous down the track. Also, where is the best place to buy this stuff? I have looked on Summit, they have all of it. I am in Australia and getting BBF parts here is notoriously difficult. Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
You might be able to have the valve notches re-cut in those pistons so your not limited on you’re cylinder head choice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
stay with a dual plane on the intake, the fuel injection systems get stupid with a open plenum, on your cam selection stay with a lobe sep that will give you at least 8 hg or the ecm on fuel injection will be quirky to get right, now don't order you fuel injection from summit call Holley they may need to put a fuel program in it for nitrous or make sure the system can be ran with nitrous i run the dual power adder 1200 hp system on my blown 545 it has 4 fuel curves programed in i can adjust from

·
Registered
9 Posts
G'day lads,

I recently bought an unassembled 545 stroker engine, minus heads, intake and induction. I wonder if I could get some advice. Car will be a tough street car, looking at 750hp plus. I will list the parts I have below, and ask a few questions after that.

2 bolt block machined
Scat 4.5" cast crank
Scat H beam rods 6.7"
Icon forged pistons IC860.030
Lunati solid roller 40340733
Lunati roller lifters
ARP head stud kit
Custom tri-y headers 2" primary, 3" collector
Melling oil pump but I am going to get a Kaase pump. I had a Melling pump snap in my last engine so I am not running that risk again.

OK so I need the top end. I am thinking Trickflow 325 heads 78cc chamber TFS-5341T010-C01. Are the only other options with my heads the Edelbrocks? What about intake? I am wanting to run EFI, so was looking at the Holley Sniper. Do I use the 4150 style throttle body or the 4500? This engine needs to run happily on 98 pump fuel. I may add a shot of nitrous down the track. Also, where is the best place to buy this stuff? I have looked on Summit, they have all of it. I am in Australia and getting BBF parts here is notoriously difficult. Thanks for your help!!!
Definitely install a main girdle if you haven’t already and go with either a AFR 315 or Kasse SR 71 heads and check with Scotty at parkland machine about your head and cam choice

·
Registered
736 Posts
No need for a main girdle. There is a lot of stock two bolt main blocks making 750 hp running around. Just keep a good eye on the tune. Don't knock the caps off with too much timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts