460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Maybe you all can help me out on determining this one. I originally purchased the 460BBF from a guy in NY that had the complete lower half machined at a place in NY called SK Speed Shop to include balancing, block work, crank, etc etc. The guy never installed it in his 68 fastback as it was too radical of a build for him and was afraid of twisting the body. Well, I bought it and we had the cam, lifters, and timing replaced. Here are some pictures of when I first started buying engine parts.

Original Engine Purchase

That was the original engine purchase and then we installed new cam, lifters, timing, ported and polished the heads

Now, the new Cam and Lifters - I went top the Comp Cams website and pulled this information from the box
HYDRAULIC − Street/strip, 2800+ stall, 9 .5:1 compression, lower gears, rough idle .Hyd . Hyd . 2300 to 6500 34-250-4 XE284H 284 296 240 246 .584 .588 110°

This one might have come out of the car when it came back from S&K Speed Shop. Not sure where I got this one

All to say, that is what I got and then of course the Mass-Flo EFI system up top. Hoping to make somewhere between 550-600 hp. Any insight/feedback from anyone would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
that's a pretty small cam for that big of motor, 500hp easy but probably make a lot more torque and give up by about 4500-5000 rpm

·
Registered
89 Posts
Your motor build is nearly identical to mine, except I have a flat tappet cam with similar lift numbers, also went with mass flo, but with the new torker II EFI intake. From what I searched, mine should be close 525-550HP.

What size headers? I built 2" primaries into 3.5" collectors for mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Headers and Mass Flo EFI

George - I am thinking that I have the size headers. I have to dig deep to find the specs but these are the hedders used.

Gray Ice Headers

Mass Flo FI

Okay, that pretty much took care of 2010. I did order the Tremec T56 Magnum 2.66 1st, .80 5th, .62 6th gear, HD Pilot Bearing, SCIENCE FRICTION 1126 STREET SLAYER 11" CLUTCH KIT, and the Quick Time Bell housing, hydrolic throwout bearing around Christmas time and FINALLY received all the parts months well into 2011.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what the motor looks like to date. Only have the cam break in done and some idling to make sure there are no leaks, etc.

[/URL]

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Looks nice. Hope it runs as well as it looks.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive seen the whole car over at Pro Touring.

Might as well post some pics of the Mustang so that everyone can see how amazing it looks.
Its a absolute monster. Pretty close to what I call a dream car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sure hope that it runs as well as it looks too. That BBF is a tight squeeze in the engine compartment. The interior should be completed this week and then back to Dalton, Ga for hte final touches. Will be taking it to Shades of the Past in September. Here is what the looks like to date.

Here is a link to the entire build on Pro Touring, if interested-

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?96617-Matt-s-67-Mustang-Fastback-Modified

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are from Ford Powertrain. I think they are in Seattle. I got them about 2 years ago and let me know if you need specifics and I can go through receipts to locate all the information that you need

1 - 18 of 18 Posts