1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D0VE-A block bored .060 over w/ ProGram splayed 4 bolt caps
4.5 scat forged crank internally balanced
Scat 6.8 H-beam rods w/ ARP 2000 bolt upgrade
Diamond -20cc dish pistons (11.5 compression )
Ported P51 heads
Mafia intake port matched to heads
1" jomar powercone spacer
Paul Kane stage 1 HV oil pump
Comp solid roller .760/.705 lift 276/280 duration 110 lobe sep.
1050 dominator
Mad Dog 2 1/8 fender exit headers w/ 4 in. collectors

Engine was dynoed with scorpion roller rockers but have recently switched to comp xd rockers after breaking 3 of the scorpions. Engine was dynoed on 93 octane. Currently in a 1979 f250 4wd and running great. Thanks Lem Evans and Paul Kane for parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. Any suggestions from anyone about the cam? My engine builder had used a cam with these same specs in a 514 with cobra jet heads that he built for my buddy, except he called comp and got them to add a little more lift for mine. Very happy with the way this cam performed but just wondering if there is more power in this motor with different cam specs. My heads flowed 415 @ .750 lift. I also have a 4300 stall converter and a very strong built c6. The truck is a weekend play toy that I drive on the street every now and then but will also use it to play in the mud and sand drags. Will also try and post some pics today.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Any suggestions from anyone about the cam? My engine builder had used a cam with these same specs in a 514 with cobra jet heads that he built for my buddy, except he called comp and got them to add a little more lift for mine. Very happy with the way this cam performed but just wondering if there is more power in this motor with different cam specs. My heads flowed 415 @ .750 lift. I also have a 4300 stall converter and a very strong built c6. The truck is a weekend play toy that I drive on the street every now and then but will also use it to play in the mud and sand drags. Will also try and post some pics today.
What you not happy with pump gas 824hp...lol:D:D

Why did he stop the pull at 6500?

Nice build man.......the most hp ive seen on pump gas with these heads.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh im very happy with the horsepower, just was wondering what a different cam might have done for it. After the first 2 or 3 dyno pulls i was also wondering why he only pulled to 6500 but after i saw the horsepower and torque numbers I really didnt care lol. Would like to know what the peak power of this thing might be though. Forgot to mention that we also made a pull on 100 octane sunoco fuel and bumped the timing to 30 degrees and it made 838hp at 6500.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Am I reading those A/F numbers correctly?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Alot of those numbers on the dyno sheet confuse me pertaining to air, fuel, etc. so im not sure what numbers are normal and what arent. I was just along for the ride....
You might want to take the time to ask because if they are accurate it is horribly lean and will eat itself shortly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You might want to take the time to ask because if they are accurate it is horribly lean and will eat itself shortly.
I have been running this engine for 4 months now and checked the spark plugs several times and they looked good. Didnt seem to be running too rich or too lean. I appreciate you commenting on this and will be sure to ask my engine builder about the numbers. By the way, what should ideal air/fuel numbers be?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice build and awesome looking truck. Those dent sides are my favorite body style of any truck . I'm doing a similar build did you get a chance to dyno without the jomar spacer? IM curious how much power they give

1 - 20 of 24 Posts