460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a production ford 460 block that I'm wanting to stroke to a 552. I'm looking at getting a scat 9000 series street and strip rotating assembly which advertises compression ratios with certain head cc's. It says that 74cc heads will be a 14.1 to 1 ratio. I was wanting to run Jon kaase p51 heads on the engine and the kaase Victor 4500 intake. The heads are 75cc's. They flow around 400cfm at .700 lift. I'm wondering on what fuel I'll need to run with this, what kind of camshaft would be best and how big of a carb I'd have to get. The truck is a 72 f100 that will be a daily during the week and a drag truck on the weekend. It'll have ac and power steering on it as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
People will need to respond with more definitive information, your looking in the range of e85, and probably 100 octane race fuel (may be wrong) how fast do you plan to spin the engine. That will effect carb size
Seth

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
So I've got a production ford 460 block that I'm wanting to stroke to a 552. I'm looking at getting a scat 9000 series street and strip rotating assembly which advertises compression ratios with certain head cc's. It says that 74cc heads will be a 14.1 to 1 ratio. I was wanting to run Jon kaase p51 heads on the engine and the kaase Victor 4500 intake. The heads are 75cc's. They flow around 400cfm at .700 lift. I'm wondering on what fuel I'll need to run with this, what kind of camshaft would be best and how big of a carb I'd have to get. The truck is a 72 f100 that will be a daily during the week and a drag truck on the weekend. It'll have ac and power steering on it as well.
I would go the AFR heads, 10.5 comp, solid flat tappet cam, 1050 annular carb.....................700+hp....700+tq all day long on pump gas and streetable

Get with the Mad Porter or CarsbyCarl(that's there user name). They will steer you in the wright direction.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys, I didn't even think about checking what afr had for the 460. 10.5 to 1 sounds a lot better to me then a 14 to 1 for a street strip build

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go with the Kasse P51 heads , 10.5 to 1 725 ish cam lift. Jet Boat Bob built this motor for me with a new SVO block and Lem did the cam for me. My heads flow 414 Ford Motorsport intake with Holley 1150 Dominator carb. Runs race gas with some high test . Motor dyno at 751 Hp at 6300 rpms and 717 ft pounds of torque at 4800 rpms. It’s a monster to be a small 552

1 - 5 of 5 Posts