460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wes,

I no experience with filled blocks running on the street. Temperature runs in the high 90's in the Oklahoma summer. I drive my car on the street/shows with some strip time. Looking to go from 660 hp to 750 to 850hp.

I would like to have a 4-bolt block and forged crank for extra protection.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STREET USE

Mike Being it's a short fill I don't know if it would be a problem to drive it on the street or not.Some people say if you run an oil cooler you can do it but it is 13.5-1 compression and unless you change pistons or run race gas that would be a problem. Thanks Wes

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wes,

My engine is a 545, Doves with flat top pistons running 13.3 compression. 100 unleaded seems to be working with 32 degrees total of timing. The cam has 290 degrees of duration at .050.

Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting screwed around.

custom300fe said:
Are you going to sell it this time or just screw people around like you did the last time? :evil:
I was the one who got screwed around last time.I was the one that was told as soon as I had it out it was sold and got jerked around twice and I was still nice enough not to post and smear the persons name.So no offence but I would appreciate it if you would check the facts before you make statements like that.Wes

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Grab a pick-up truck and make a weekend run straight up through Little Rock and into MO. Wes was here this morning and we all had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel, then he and Lem went on over to the dealership.

Later,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Road trip

Wes your probably right. I figured the milage and expenses. If my Toyota will make 1700 miles (round trip) :shock: I can pick it up myself for less than $250. That includes a $100 for hotel and food.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: Road trip

harleydave said:
Wes your probably right. I figured the milage and expenses. If my Toyota will make 1700 miles (round trip) :shock: I can pick it up myself for less than $250. That includes a $100 for hotel and food.
which weekend u going? You could come by here and save some gas money. As soon as adney finished my crank I am bringing heads and a bunch of other stuff to assemble my motor up there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks harleydave

Harleydave drove halfway across the country through sleet and ice and picked up my old 557 today.Was a real nice fellow.Hope he has as much fun as I did with it.Thanks again. Wes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts