460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone's opinion on this or a similar set up? I've seen dyno numbers anywhere between 600-800hp depending on heads/intake on pump gas. Thought about dropping a bbf in a fox body as a cool side project me and my old man can work on. Im an 03/04 cobra 4v guy but this idea just seems cool. Stroker kits can be had for $1000-1500 and a good set of heads will be slightly more expensive than the kit. We already have tons of 460 parts. We also have several sets of d0ve A and d0ve C heads, but unsure what their capabilities are. Thought I would post here and get some ideas before I run it by my pops.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

With a 4.5 stroke the D9 block with its longer skirts are the most popular. Also the kits with the 6.8 rod is better then the 6.7 . For higher HP aftermarket blocks have seem to do alot better then stock blocks as they are alot stronger = less cylinder flex then a stock block. I like the 4.30 crank and a .060 bore and from what i've read make as much power with stock blocks atleast. I wouldn't buy a kit without h-beams and highly prefer forged steel cranks, and not even think about Hypers in a performance build because the cost isnt that much more and they don't crumble or loose area around valve releif/ring land as easy. Plan on spending $2500 for complete kit atleast. Ohio Crank is a little cheaper, had mixed results but not anything really bad as all kits can have there good and bad.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 69' block with highly ported 70' Dove heads.

I have run a best on motor of 10.04 @ 133
Best on 180/200 shot of nitrous of 9.40 @ 144.

This is on steel heads! I have not opened my motor since built 10 years ago except to adjust valves.

Just ran a 9.50 last weekend.

I use Scat rotating assemble with 6.8 Hbeam rods, Probe flat top pistons with .990 pin.

All ARP bolts and studs. Cometic head gaskets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts