460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
C

Can you give me more details on the internals? What tyep of rods, pistons, compression, etc.

May be interested, but need more details. If only dyno time, how much? How hard of pulls.

Thanks,

Semofarmer

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The engine is a wet sump motor using a Moroso rear sump pan and Jon Kaase Oil pump. 4340 crankshaft, 4.300 stroke. MGP Aluminum rods 6.700", CP Pro-Stock pistons, 4.600" Bore. LSM Camshaft, Roller Cam Bearings, Crower Lifters, Smith Bros. Pushrods, C460 heads with Copper Beryllium Seats, PSI Springs, Xceldyne Titanium Retainers and titanium locks, Titanium intake and exhaust valves, Aluminum marine front cover, Rollmaster Timing Chain, MSD Crank Trigger Set-up, Custom A460 Cast Tunnel Ram, WW Engineering Shaft Mounted Rocker Arms 1.8 ratio, Engine only has 4 passes on Dyno. These were from 4000 rpm to 8000 rpm, accelerating at 600 rpm/sec - less than 7 second sweeps. Engine would make more power with a vacuum pump due to the low tension ring package 043, 043, 3mm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What kind of compression was the motor built for? Prior to the dyno pulls, were all parts new? Have the heads had any work? What would take for the motor without the intake?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The engine has 14.5:1 compression. Steve Schmidt did the valve job on the heads. The block was used, but machine work was fresh. I'd take $14,000 without the intake, although I don't have any use for it currently. I would put a single 4 on it for the same money.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks for the complement Chuck. By the way, if you see Bruce, let him know that I should have his block back this week. I had to have it align-honed and we should start assembly next week, if all goes well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts