460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.fordlovers.com

Is anyone from the board going to this event? I am making the trip from So. California to Sacramento to participate. I have never been to this track before and don't have a clue as to how good a track it is. Also, I am kinda concerned about the area as I don't want my rig, trailer and ride to dissapear!!!

Paul Kane, isnt this your neck of the woods??

·
Registered
515 Posts
FairlaneBryan said:
http://www.fordlovers.com

Is anyone from the board going to this event? I am making the trip from So. California to Sacramento to participate. I have never been to this track before and don't have a clue as to how good a track it is. Also, I am kinda concerned about the area as I don't want my rig, trailer and ride to dissapear!!!

Paul Kane, isnt this your neck of the woods??
That track is precariously close to a VERY RITZY area of Elk Grove, and gets closer every day... I wouldn't worry about the locals stealing stuff there... I'll be surprised if it lasts another 10 years.

My brother ran it last weekend at T&T day, it was pretty decent, not as nice as Bakersfield, but a lot nicer than Palmdale. There were 3 Pro-Mod cars testing...

I wish I could make it, but I need to actually work on my car so I can attend next time! I have the chassis mostly done, I need to weld up the cage & front axle.

Take HWY 99 North, Grant Line Exit, to Sheldon. Turn Left on Sheldon, which is right after the town of Sheldon then Rt. on Exelsior (sp?)

John.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noise Restrictions?

Thanks John for the heads up.....

Does the track have a noise restriction? Can you run open headers or do you need mufflers??

I will toss the mufflers in the trailer just in case, but I would rather run open headers....

·
Registered
515 Posts
As far as I know, they do not restrict at these kinds of events, but I am nto 100% sure. I know there were some Pro-Mod cars running zoomies last Saturday.

If you have time to stop on your way up & come at a decent time, give me a buzz. I'd like to check out your car. My house is about 1.5 miles off of the freeway in Atwater/Merced. I'm not sure which day you are driving up there, I am about 2 hours S/O Sac raceway on the way.

Give me a buzz 209-631-3077.

John.

Hopefully, I'll be in the garage Friday & Saturday working on the altered. I need to weld in the birdcage if the bends show up from Mark Williams.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Northern California Dragracers, Stop by and say Hi!!!!

If anyone from the board is going to this event, stop by and say hi!

I will be there with Probolt 64 (red/gray tilt front 64 Fairlane, blown 460), CDMBill (his killer Mustang wont be there, but he is getting ready to kick some more *** in an near future drag racing event) and me FairlaneBryan (blue 67 Fairlane, A head 466).

Looking forward to meeting anyone from the 460ford website!

(cant promise a table full of crawdads or Mason jar full of moonshine, but a cold beer and a bag of chips will be available!!!!)

Gotta love those Kentucky boys!!!!

Looking forward to having a great time!!

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts