460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally have my crank rods and piston! Yea! The rods are eagle h-beam 6.700, the crank a scat 9000 4.300 and the piston are je 170877 flat tops! I have a couple of questions? Will the 6.700 rods be ok on the 4.300 crank? About how far down in the hole at TDC will it be vs 6.800 rods? And how was my crank balanced before? It has a sluge in the front throw and one in the back with a couple of spots drilled to round things out! Is that for internal or exteral balance let me know! O by the way my heads are a429 cjs.
can,t wait to start putting this thing together!
O and block is d1ve! Getting balanced! Real soon!

·
Registered
368 Posts
What is the measured block deck height? Measure from center of crank to top of cylinder. 10.300"? Subtract piston compression height 1.350"? then subtract rod length 6.700"? then subtract half the crank stroke 2.150"? after that you end up with deck to piston top dimension or "how deep in the hole" the piston is. .100"?

Have all those parts been balanced as an assembly? They need to be.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You need to answer bowsher. For further responses You don't really provide the important info

·
Registered
250 Posts
It sounds like it is internal balanced, but very important that you have it checked as it will make a difference for the flexplate/flywheel and the balancer spacer. You should have received a balance card if it was truly balanced that would tell you everything you need to know. The piston pin location is one thing that will tell you if it needs a 6.7 or 6.8 inch rod. But like anything else you will want to check deck height during engine assembly. As what was mentioned there are a few different deck height blocks, plus you never know if the block has been decked in its 40 plus years of life.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! I kind of figured it is interanlly balanced from the looks of it! Sluge in the front and back! I know it still have to be balanced guys! Just was looking for some info from here! Went on scat website and it said I can use my 6.700 rods and the block is d1ve a2a. Will check were the piston will be at top dead center when I start to put it together! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts