460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i need help picking a transbrake for a c-6 behind a 460 in a 90 mustang . was looking on e-bay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-C6-VALVE-BODY-W-TRANSBRAKE_W0QQitemZ8035754385QQcategoryZ33727QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so my question has anyone used this one . any problems with it .. or is there a better one out there . dont need to waste monney

still need some more insight . the time is growing short . need to pick one soon need all the help i can get .its all new to me . i have herd bad stories abought some transbrakes for the c-6 .

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
brake

Never seen that brand before but hopefully their brake is better than the C-6 brake made by G.E.R., (talk about a hunk of sh*t!).

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't have a clue - never heard of those guys. It's possible their stuff is fine. My buddy Frank (who posts here) makes his own transbrakes, and they work fine, and he's not a big name, so maybe these guys are ok. From what I could see, they're using the stock valve body, so they've probably done some JB'ing to change the circuts around instead of machining a new valve body plate. It could be just fine, or it could be junk - I don't know. They have a 90 day warranty, but if it skips in the final round of a big buck race, or wipes your clutches out, that won't mean much.
Buy it, and let everybody know how it works. :D :twisted:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Although I have never bought a transbrake from them, I did recently buy a torque converter from them.

I just got the car running yesterday so I don't have an opinion on how it runs. I do know that the Art Car converter I removed was a nicer quality (not that this one was bad).

If you do a search on the corral, you'll find where people said good things about them. A search on FordMuscle.com will find people with negative things to say about them.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
397 Posts
I personally run a JPT trans brake, and I know others here that do also. Jim does great work, and he always stands behind his stuff too. I thought about ordering a convertor from those ebay guys, but I was concerned about the lack of info they said they needed to get me the stall speed I was looking for. One of my buddies has an ATI brake, he really likes that too.

T

·
0 Posts
I have had the best results with Coan. Give them a call & ask for Craig. He is the guy I always deal with . Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i have posted this in a few spots and you guys are the only ones to say anything . now i have a few thing to think abought .

thanks again

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well most of the transbraks i have looked at are for c-4 and not a c-6 ..
dose anyone hear run a c-6 . with a transbrake .

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My C6 has a TCI, but I haven't run it yet....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
TCI

BIG BLOCK RANger . don't run the trans until you get my email for the fix for their valvebody. it's a peice of sh*t , I'm not at my main computer until monday , will send then

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
brake

I think I'll order a redneck one the price is right , it'll take me about 2 hour to figuire out there curcuity and sy if it will work or not ,
Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
tci

Frank Merkl is that fix just for the c6 tci transbrake? what about the tci transbrake for the c4 ? i just put 1 in my c4 like to know more about this fix before i run it .

·
Registered
479 Posts
Frank's fix is for a C6, he showed it to me a couple of years ago. Since then, I found out TCI revised the C6 brake, and traded mine in. So far it has worked ok. But the original was junk, smoked clutches in no time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts