460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Ya I am in my 60's and I am a newbie here. lol. I am new to this forum and want to learn more about the 460 big block and engine swaps. I am Not new to Fords, I have been driving them since the mid seventies and had a lot of F100's, & F150's through the years. Currently tossing around the idea of pulling the EFI 351w-E4OD out of my 94 F150 4wd and putting in a EFI 460-E4OD. I use my truck 95% of the time for pulling and the 351w just doesn't have the torque a Big Block does. I have found this forum several times through Google searches and figured if I am considering doing a swap like this and building the engine some this would be a great place to learn. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dude, you sound a lot like me! This IS a great place to learn. The guys here KNOW this engine. I'm doing my first 385 Series as well. Really mild 521 stroker.
My impression is it's a great big Cleavor. Ya worked on a 351 Windsor or Cleveland, you'll be fine. Finding swap parts should be pretty straightforward. LOTS of 460 powered trucks out there. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys. Ya I am in my 60's and I am a newbie here. lol. I am new to this forum and want to learn more about the 460 big block and engine swaps. I am Not new to Fords, I have been driving them since the mid seventies and had a lot of F100's, & F150's through the years. Currently tossing around the idea of pulling the EFI 351w-E4OD out of my 94 F150 4wd and putting in a EFI 460-E4OD. I use my truck 95% of the time for pulling and the 351w just doesn't have the torque a Big Block does. I have found this forum several times through Google searches and figured if I am considering doing and swap like this and building the engine some this would be a great place to learn. Thanks for having me.
No lack of torque with a 460! But man, are they thirsty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, you sound a lot like me! This IS a great place to learn. The guys here KNOW this engine. I'm doing my first 385 Series as well. Really mild 521 stroker.
My impression is it's a great big Cleavor. Ya worked on a 351 Windsor or Cleveland, you'll be fine. Finding swap parts should be pretty straightforward. LOTS of 460 powered trucks out there. Good luck!!
Ya I have twisted wrenchs for a long time. Have built several hot street cars through the years, Wrenched on some oval track cars as well.

No lack of torque with a 460! But man, are they thirsty!
I really dont think the 460 can be any worse than my 351w pulling a 4300lb trailer. The best I ever got pulling that trailer was 8.5mpg and its to the floor all the time in the hills. Normally I get like 7-7.5mpg pulling that trailer and its gutless. I mean my wifes 4 banger could pass me several times up a mile grade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts