460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Ya I am in my 60's and I am a newbie here. lol. I am new to this forum and want to learn more about the 460 big block and engine swaps. I am Not new to Fords, I have been driving them since the mid seventies and had a lot of F100's, & F150's through the years. Currently tossing around the idea of pulling the EFI 351w-E4OD out of my 94 F150 4wd and putting in a EFI 460-E4OD. I use my truck 95% of the time for pulling and the 351w just doesn't have the torque a Big Block does. I have found this forum several times through Google searches and figured if I am considering doing a swap like this and building the engine some this would be a great place to learn. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dude, you sound a lot like me! This IS a great place to learn. The guys here KNOW this engine. I'm doing my first 385 Series as well. Really mild 521 stroker.
My impression is it's a great big Cleavor. Ya worked on a 351 Windsor or Cleveland, you'll be fine. Finding swap parts should be pretty straightforward. LOTS of 460 powered trucks out there. Good luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys. Ya I am in my 60's and I am a newbie here. lol. I am new to this forum and want to learn more about the 460 big block and engine swaps. I am Not new to Fords, I have been driving them since the mid seventies and had a lot of F100's, & F150's through the years. Currently tossing around the idea of pulling the EFI 351w-E4OD out of my 94 F150 4wd and putting in a EFI 460-E4OD. I use my truck 95% of the time for pulling and the 351w just doesn't have the torque a Big Block does. I have found this forum several times through Google searches and figured if I am considering doing and swap like this and building the engine some this would be a great place to learn. Thanks for having me.
No lack of torque with a 460! But man, are they thirsty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, you sound a lot like me! This IS a great place to learn. The guys here KNOW this engine. I'm doing my first 385 Series as well. Really mild 521 stroker.
My impression is it's a great big Cleavor. Ya worked on a 351 Windsor or Cleveland, you'll be fine. Finding swap parts should be pretty straightforward. LOTS of 460 powered trucks out there. Good luck!!
Ya I have twisted wrenchs for a long time. Have built several hot street cars through the years, Wrenched on some oval track cars as well.

No lack of torque with a 460! But man, are they thirsty!
I really dont think the 460 can be any worse than my 351w pulling a 4300lb trailer. The best I ever got pulling that trailer was 8.5mpg and its to the floor all the time in the hills. Normally I get like 7-7.5mpg pulling that trailer and its gutless. I mean my wifes 4 banger could pass me several times up a mile grade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys. Ya I am in my 60's and I am a newbie here. lol. I am new to this forum and want to learn more about the 460 big block and engine swaps. I am Not new to Fords, I have been driving them since the mid seventies and had a lot of F100's, & F150's through the years. Currently tossing around the idea of pulling the EFI 351w-E4OD out of my 94 F150 4wd and putting in a EFI 460-E4OD. I use my truck 95% of the time for pulling and the 351w just doesn't have the torque a Big Block does. I have found this forum several times through Google searches and figured if I am considering doing a swap like this and building the engine some this would be a great place to learn. Thanks for having me.
Hello I wanna say welcome but I’m a newbie too. Still, welcome. I hope you can find the readings and responses your looking for. I’ve posted myself but have yet to get any replies. Seems like you gotta be in the in crowd to get any I guess. Anyways regards and welcome to the forum.
Thank you and God bless.
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts