460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we put the Falcon on a chassis dyno yesterday and I was pleased with the results! The peek numbers are really good, I would have liked to see it come in harder at a lower RPM but under normal conditions I will already be well into boost on the trans brake. I was getting some tire slip on the rollers.

For those who haven’t followed the build it is a 604 ci with C460 heads done by Charlie & Lem and a pair of 88 mm turbos.

This is my favorite pull, it made 1632 HP at the wheels at only 14 psi on pump gas!

This pull is at 23 psi with race gas.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I can see why tire slippage was a problem. :D That's a set of real nice power numbers there, congrats. 8)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dan,
Glad to see all your hard work has rewarded you with
the results you wanted.
Did you measure intake temps?
Can you fit a LARGER tyre on that thing :wink:
Would love to see some current photos of the car.

Also, your car is to blame for my current very low
bank balance with my new found love for turbos. :D :D :D

Seriously, well done.

George

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

what class are you going to run in?
I don't really have any racing classes in mind, really its more of a street car. I am going to try the Dynomax dyno challenge if I can fit my car on the rollers. My car is 28" inside to inside and the dyno they use is 29.5", I may have to find some smaller tires.

Did you measure intake temps?
We did not data log the temps this time, I will try to next time but the intercooler water hardly got warm. I have a huge water / air cooler and a 55 gpm water pump. On the first run we were using room temperature water (70 F).

Can you fit a LARGER tyre on that thing
No I can't, I have 33 x 18.5 - 15 ET Street's under it now!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Dan,

Congratulations :!: You've done an outstanding job. Now then, we need you to write a book on "How to Turbocharge Big Block Fords" :D

I'm glad you are using an 18 bolt cylinder head to help contain that 23.3 lbs. of boost. If you ever think you need anymore power, we can go back and work on the heads again, because we left some crumbs on the table.

Keep up the good work :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I like that Charlie that you left some crumbs on the table.
Dan very nice car you're putting out some big # there. 8) 8) :D :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
c.evans said:
I'm glad you are using an 18 bolt cylinder head to help contain that 23.3 lbs. of boost. If you ever think you need anymore power, we can go back and work on the heads again, because we left some crumbs on the table.

:D
First off , Congrats Dan on a perfect ride. What you are going to do with all that power is beyond me. Second, Charlie may have left some crumbs on the table in KY , but he sure cleaned his plate here in Cumberland this afternoon. :lol: :lol: :lol: no crumbs here .

Travis

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Re: Wow

Bsherry said:
Dan,

Great horny toads--that is a NICE car.

PLEASE say you are coming to the Bash this month???? :roll:

Bruce
I agree, I would love to see this car in person and shoot the bull with you about turbocharged setups.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! Yea I have more coin in this project than I would like but I saved a ton by doing almost everything in house (literally as my garage is in my basement).

I can’t make the bash this time (again) I have way too much chassis tuning ahead of me. I am going to compete in the Dynomax dyno challenge in a couple of weeks. Unless something goes weird I should be in the finals in Springfield, MO.

http://www.dynomax.com/power/power.html

1 - 20 of 62 Posts