460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting started on the new build. 631/2 Galaxie 500xl frame off resto, BBF,c-6. Thinking about a period looking drag car for the street , we'll see. here some pictures.
Let the fun begin :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
That looks to be a great body to be starting with. The trim is also in nice shape. That trim is hard to locate, is anodized not polished, and VERY expensive. I went with the early drag car look also, and don't regret it at all. Some call my cars look outdated, but I will not change it. Most of the younger kids want to know where my rims are for the back( I run steelies). Best of luck, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice..

Very nice car. It's amazing how quickly they come apart. That getting it back together part ....... :shock: . Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guy's. Not bad considering it's a Minnesota car, very straight and solid. Just had the frame sandblasted and there were a couple of spots but again not as bad as the wagon, I paid my dues on that one, pulled it out of a swamp.
we are about two years a head of the wagon because of the 460 swap and less body work. I just ordered rear end parts and front suspension parts and disc brakes, Ive got the headers, radiator, fabbed up the engine and trans. I don't have a shop but a well stocked three car garage with a big old wood stove and flat screen T.V. and stereo and computer and most of the tools and toy's and a little brandy,beer and cigars. That makes for a more pleasant winter. Will keep ya posted on the progress. :D :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Hurt. If you need trim go to Joe's Rust Emporium. He's got what you need and is a nice guy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks for the tip. My car has all of the trim on it, but I'm always looking for a nicer piece here and there. I may just have it all redone. Saw some NOS side trim recently, both sides, for $2500. I'll leave that for the 427 resto guys. One question, are you using aftermarket disc brakes, or fitting a later model Fords to the car?.Best of luck with the Galaxie.

·
Registered
177 Posts
uf63 said:
Big Hurt. If you need trim go to Joe's Rust Emporium. He's got what you need and is a nice guy.
LOL.....If your talk'n about our frend in Vermillion,he is a nice guy.You just have to watch out for his wife :shock:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Monk ya think I didnt plan it that way just like our Caribbean pictures, nice bodies, no heads. :lol: thanks for the key broad.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F570.rd Oh man! I like Joe allot but mama is WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY out there. Did she sell you any raffle tickets for the church yet. :roll: But Joe knows more about old Ford's than any one I have ever met, saved my *** quit a few times and fair with his prices. Where in Minneapolis are you at? I'm in Shoreview. give me a buzz ([email protected]) maybe we can share some things. Ben

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I was lucky. I was at the local slavage yard and one of the guys that I know there ask me if I knew any one who wanted a 64 Galaixe (he's a chevy guy) so I went and out an took a look at it. Finding that it was 63 xl I bought it on the spot lucky I had cash on me. He wanted a $1,000.oo but I got for $700.oo, plus he would deliver it because it was on his wrecker already. That was a good find. :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya cletus I was lucky, it is straighter that my sons (crazy88) 88 stang, not a dent, minor surface rust, will need a floor pan but no biggies. Can't wait for apx 550hp 514ci to smoke the snot of some tires and kick some Chevy ***. I have a chevy guy lined up already who thinks he going to run my wagon, Surprize! I sold him his 454, I think I can smell a side bet coming on!! :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts