460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might remember my COVID 532 build for my son’s 70 Lincoln Mark III. (AKA Hot Rod Lincoln)
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Gas Machine Space Metal Plastic

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

I nabbed my dream car back in April, a 65 Galaxie 500 LTD, 352 auto, PS, MANUAL brakes😂 no radio, no AC,
NO RUST 😎 (to be known as “Demon Slayer”)

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

In the process of replacing the entire suspension with PMT Fabrication components (excellent product, if you have time to wait for it) I am planning to drive this car as-is next spring/summer while I build the powertrain to be installed (hopefully) next winter. Body will come off frame in fall, frame to be blasted & painted after remaining fabrication is done (upgrade rear to 4-link, install engine/transmission, etc.) haven’t weighed it but I’m guessing it’s around 3600-3800# as it sits. Full interior will remain, stock hood, might add cage at later date (will decide while body is off) this is going to necessitate a ProCharger to keep everything under the hood.

Final goal for this is a 10.00 street car. I’m thinking 1000hp MINIMUM for the street and have pulley/tune combo to get 1200-1400 for track use.

Will be going one of two directions.

If someone comes up with an affordable front sump kit for the 7.3 Godzilla that, and a 6R80, are probably my first choice.

or

Build an Eliminator street/race block 572 (4.600 x 4.300), I’m told they will machine 2.250 cam tunnel for std bearings.
I prefer flat tappet for street use, ideally hydraulic. Transmission would likely be C6, although it’d likely need to be full manual at this power level and I’m not sure how well that will hold up on road trips.

Pump gas would be ideal, but E85 is plentiful here.

more pics to come.

-Earl

·
Registered
829 Posts
I’m sure you already know but if you plan on building a 460 based engine you better start ordering parts now or scouring the used market for the needed components.

I don’t think you’re going to get to you’re intended power level (even with boost) with a flat tappet cam especially a hydraulic but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sure you already know but if you plan on building a 460 based engine you better start ordering parts now or scouring the used market for the needed components.

I don’t think you’re going to get to you’re intended power level (even with boost) with a flat tappet cam especially a hydraulic but i could be wrong.
Yeah, Molnar is 12wks out on rods already but he’s got cranks in stock.
Haven’t called Eliminator about a S/R block yet, but I bet it’ll be at least that long.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
😂 great

perhaps the car fab will move up in the timeline then

Godzilla is looking like it’s a no go at this point, so I’m going to start moving forward with a 572.

A streetable roller 700ish NA, 1100 on boost & E85 seems doable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, well this escalated quickly 😂

Ordered a set of AFR 315s from Scotty J, Molnar crank and rods should be on the way next month.
Torqstorm got some money today as well, 6 weeks out but since I don’t have a block yet, no biggie.

Anyone considering the Torqstorm should buy now, price increase going into effect soon.

Gas Machine Rim Auto part Service

Shooting for 650-700 NA, 850-900 on low boost with pump gas, 1100+ with small pulleys and 115

·
Registered
829 Posts
What is the CFM on that torque storm unit?
Do you plan on using an intercooler?

I hope you prove me wrong but I don’t believe that blower (unless you’re going twins) will have enough volume to support much more than you’re pump gas goal. You can only spin a blower so fast, at some point you’re just making more heat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The Torqstorm blowers flow “up to 1250CFM“ according to their literature.
It’s pretty widely accepted they are good to 700-750hp depending on base engine build.
(that’s for a single blower, this will be the twin kit shown in pic)

No CAC, it’s a blow-through.
I have a 950HP on the shelf that I plan to get converted.
Intake will likely be a Torker II (if I can find one) for hood clearance.

·
Registered
829 Posts
For the price of the dual torque storm kit id be very tempted to either go with a much bigger single ProCharger or go turbo instead. I understand the bling of the dual blower kit but I’d rather they not be able to catch me and wonder what I have under the hood.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The ProCharger blower alone with equal CFM is nearly the cost of the Torqstorm twin kit which includes drive, alternator, PS pump and lifetime warranty.

Not sure what the “catch me” comment was about 🤔

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If TS made a single big enough I’d get it.
Not about show really, they’ve hit a price point for street that’s hard to match.

If I was building an engine over 1500hp, I’d definitely look at ProCharger or a TT build, but that’s above my interest.

Point of this build is a reliable street car that’s quicker than anything available from OEM (IE Dodge Demon) for around 1/2 the money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts