460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see any 67~70 with a FOX body front suspension grafted on? Like this

This car was on eBay some time ago...I think it looks pretty good!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Mustang mag...

One of the Mustang mags had a few articles where they did that and used a 4 valve mod motor. I did it to my Galaxie, but I haven't finished it yet. Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder. :oops:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
did a similar thing with my 69, I used an AJE fox coilover strut and just fabbed everything around it. I reused the factory frame rails and that was it as far as the 69 front end goes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a friend that is having that done now, I don't know how it is going I haven't seen the car in a couple of months. His car was the 67 shown in the magazine..that shop butchered it he finally pulled it out of there because they were giving him the run-around (to put it politely ) . I seen the car when he got it back and it was hacked . one corner of the K member mount was 2 inches off of lining up and with the car on jack stands you could flex the hole front end . I wouldn't have trusted it with a stock 2300 let alone the hopped up 03 cobra motor he is putting in it.It is amazing how much some paint can hide in the magazine pics.

wayne

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my 67 Mustang with the Mustang 2 front suspension:

As you can see, there is plenty of room for headers. Mind you, this was not a kit that i used. This suspension was pulled from a four cylinder, 1976 Giha coupe. I used the four cylinder springs as well and it sits/handles awesomely. The headers are BBC fitted on the current D3VE heads by home-made 1/2" steel plates.

From the looks of the Fox suspension equipped Mustangs that i have seen they too have lots of room for headers and other parts/pieces. I really can't say that i really prefer one over the other. But, since i installed the Mustang 2 suspension in my car, i think that it might be the way to go as it wasn't that bad to install. The FOX suspension relies on the "shock tower" placement and the sheet metal that surrounds it as well. From what pictures i have seen of the FOX suspension install, it looks like there is considerable sheet metal work around the shock towers to install it correctly and look good too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is my friends '73 Mustang with Mercury XR7 Gougar's front suspension. He has sold the "mock-up" engine and is now hunting for the '03-'04 Cobra engine for high-boost driving.

http://www.kotiposti.net/jukkaseppa/album/FoMoCo Drag & Track/2007/slides/P1080477.html

For some reason I can't get the image showing here, but just click the link and you'll see. Same guy has also adapted the IRS rear from the XR7 to his '73 Mustang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts