460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple questions about cam and induction. The car is a 70 Torino GT ragtop with 3.00's and a C6. It has Hooker 6115 headers and a 2200 stall conv. I'd like some cam suggestons as well as what intake and carb to run. Its got C8VE heads, how hard is it to install roller rockers. thanks

·
Premium Member
9,045 Posts
ElFranko said:
I got a couple questions about cam and induction. The car is a 70 Torino GT ragtop with 3.00's and a C6. It has Hooker 6115 headers and a 2200 stall conv. I'd like some cam suggestons as well as what intake and carb to run. Its got C8VE heads, how hard is it to install roller rockers. thanks
Run the performer rpm intake with a 750 holley vac secondary carb.

Comp X4262H is a very streetable cam the next step up is also streetable but a bit more snotty at idle. I use both of the cams frequently for my clients. I have them ground locally.

Installing roller rockers on the early heads is as simple as adding studs, guideplates and the roller rockers to the heads. No machining is required.

A properly curved distributor is also an important part of any high performance build.

The next time the heads are off do a bit of port work. There is 50 HP just waiting to be had there. The bbf exhaust ports are awful as cast.

8)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get my hands on an old 780 Holley. Would this work as well as a 750? Is the idle more rough with the larger cam? I don't mind if it is I'd like it sound good. thanks

·
Premium Member
9,045 Posts
RE: GT build...

ElFranko said:
I can get my hands on an old 780 Holley. Would this work as well as a 750? Is the idle more rough with the larger cam? I don't mind if it is I'd like it sound good. thanks

780 holley is fine.

The larger cam is a bit more lopey yes and does sound quite nice.

8)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll get the numbers off the carb this weekend. I think I'm going to use the "larger" cam. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts