460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 40 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Gawd I love big Ford cars.... All of 'em lol.

Dog, you are doing the hard work for sure and doing a nice job. Be proud!

Whats nice about the '71 - '73 as you all may know is Ford designed them to accept big blocks. Then we know what all happened with gas and pollution control...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanx man....I love the car as there is no way I would be able to do all of this if I didnt.....it is taking way too long though but I have to thank all of you guys for giving me the fortitude to go out there and work on it.....D

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey Harleydave...I was wondering where you were.......how are things going?....Whats up with your project?.....let me know....laters....D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Devildog, that is nice looking hood scoop. Can you help me by telling where did you got it? I have the original dimension Boss 429 scoop and it is too low for my combination. I would like to get a taller Boss 429 scoop for my '72 Mach 1.

Does your scoop attach to scoop with studs? There is one nice Boss 9 on e-bay but it has wide flanges for mounting it to hood. I would like to have similar without the flanges but with the studs. Thanks allready. I'll try attach a picture from my Mustang here tomorrow.

[url]

·
Registered
317 Posts
D, I'm always lurking around on here. Just don't have much to say.
I'm finally thru working 6-10's so maybe I'll have time to get mine back together. The motor plates are finished, just need to fab the frame mounts. The rack & pinion is also mounted. Need to cut the shock towers for those big a$$ A-Heads and fab the headers. Now that I have more time I think I'll go watch the BBF BASH DVD for some motivation :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here are few pictures from my Mach 1 as I promised. Hope you like it. Does anyone know where to get those tall Boss 9 scoops, would look good on my hood?

thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey Finmach.......thanx for posting the pics.......That boss scoop does attach with studs...I have no idea who actually made the scoop.....bought it a long time ago at Ford Man's Mustang here in town....I still have it somewhere around here but I think its cracked...I have a new hood that I had made and will use now.....I will post a pic of it.....D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks a bunch David! Link worked just as you wrote and that is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Figured I needed to get going and post some pics of my engine parts....didnt get much done this weekend as I went to Hank 3, ZZ Top, and DAC yesterday and I'm tired today..............................................................

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't get here much but here it goes. I started with one of these in the early eighties & still like 'em! My '71 coupe went a 10.09 on a well used 466 & if I get on my feet my 552" mill with heavily massaged BT's will be back in. New mill will dyno about 850-900 ponies, BIG roller. Nice to see there is still some people around that don't mind a knuckle busting on the shock towers :D

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here is something that i just did this morning.......had cut this open a long while back to work on rust in the cowl area.......this **** was a mess and i didnt even fix all of it....I am not waiting another 10 years to drive this thing again....you can still see some of the rust damage but you wont see any of this with the fenders on and buttoned up so i dont care....this sure as hell isnt a concours restoration.....cause I'm not into that.......if the car had been nicer to begin with I might have thought about.....to me it was a good choice to build up into what I want....I may even backhalf it later and put a new front end on it...who knows.........its a hot rod and it will be nice enuff for me to enjoy it................................................................................D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cool, at least you can get her out there to help. I think I only got my wife to help out once with sanding. If she dares come out in the shop, the best I can do is get her to get me a beer. LOL!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
LOL.....Have not been getting much done as it has been so hot and after work i am done for....have lots to plan and work out...so hopefully i can get going again real soon...This fall and winter I have got to blitz it and see how much i can get put together....D

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Damn Jeff I remember that pic......i dont have room for all those beer cans out there.....but the bottle of Jack was right inside the door....lol.....D

21 - 40 of 417 Posts