460 Ford Forum banner

381 - 400 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Speaking of windshields....easy to call the installers but in my area,they won't use butyl tape like orig on this car because it was supposedly banned by the govmt as a safety hazard (glass could pop out on impact) and presents a liability issue. They will only use tube applied urethane. The problem is after market glass is thinner than OEM and the urethane squishes down too much causing the reveal moulding to sit way too high up off the glass or slanted down to the glass leaving a gap between the body and the moulding.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Speaking of windshields....easy to call the installers but in my area,they won't use butyl tape like orig on this car because it was supposedly banned by the govmt as a safety hazard (glass could pop out on impact) and presents a liability issue. They will only use tube applied urethane. The problem is after market glass is thinner than OEM and the urethane squishes down too much causing the reveal moulding to sit way too high up off the glass or slanted down to the glass leaving a gap between the body and the moulding.
Yes sir...that is a very good point. Don't know how I'll deal with it when I get to that point. It wasn't too bad of an issue when I had that one originally installed, but we will see. and yes they did put a bunch of goop crap in there. Not too mention figuring out how to clean up this trim moulding.....D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Yeah, and I thought I was doing something wrong or seeing things. Wow.......D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
It has been rough going but I have it all in gray primer. Working on a couple of trouble spots, but it is coming around.....D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Reactions: Devildog

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Interesting....I have been pondering something like that. We were talking about that kind of thing at work since we use Cor Ban extensively there on our 737's....D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Making headway everyday (I try)…..My Merkl Trans-Brake VB came back....hell yeah, have to have something to keep me going

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey D..!!

Been a while man...hope all is well.

Looks like you been making progress - looking great!

381 - 400 of 419 Posts