460 Ford Forum banner

401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Working on the engine compartment and trying to start sorting out the wiring.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Trying to figure out why the pics are posting sideways.....

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
That Acapulco Blue 68.5 Stang pic was sent to me by Rusty Hall. They restored it and took it to the 50th CJ Reunion at Norwalk and won first place. The only thing different is they used the white stripe instead of the original gold one. I know that because my Dad bought this car new from Sanders Ford in Houston. I used to ride the hump and shift the 4-Speed when Dad was driving.....

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #413

Sure opens a can of worms when you replace the hinges, but I had to do it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah,pins and bushings always bad.Mine were worn clear thru the bushings into the steel.Welded up the holes and redrilled.Should have bought new.Was the hinge mounting surface on the body rusty?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Yeah,pins and bushings always bad.Mine were worn clear thru the bushings into the steel.Welded up the holes and redrilled.Should have bought new.Was the hinge mounting surface on the body rusty?
Yes it was rusty under there.....I figured it was especially when some of the bolt heads twisted right off...lol. So of course I had to clean everything up and sprayed inside the box with a wand every way I could. I had initially bought the pins and bushings but said hell with it and ordered new hinges.

401 - 419 of 419 Posts