460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find a solid, no rust or very little rust, 73-79 F-Series cab. Any ehlp would be greatly appreciated as I live in PA and thanks to road salt rust is a common sight here. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Fining a cab should not be a big issue it's finding one close to you because shipping it might cost more than it cost to buy it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have a cab no problem. It is in central Texas, thats the problem! I need a short bed. I don't know about your area, but www.craigslist.com should turn up a few trucks

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
shipping...

The shipping is what will kill ya. I bought a rust free truck (minus motor) from AZ for 400 bucks. Shipping to VA was 900. But, I don't think I could ever find a VA truck as solid as this one for that price. That was also before diesel went up a buck, and the truckers are starting to get pissed. :?

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Yup, shipping is killer.

I found a rust free super cab in AZ. The cab was going to cost me $800 and shipping was $1,300. I had it all setup but the the seller didn't have away to load the cab onto the semi trailer and wanted a bunch of extra money.

I also found one in South West TX. But I would have to drive to pick it up and do all the loading myself. 16hr drive each way

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have a 73 cab/front clip in michigan $550. I paid $1800 and went to oklahoma to pick up the truck because I needed the spotless camper special bed. If you look around locally you should be able to find one. I know here in MI the cabs are easy to come by as most of the asparagus/fruit farmers are updating thier 1 ton 73-79 stake trucks and being used only in the summer the cabs are rust free.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Carlisle truck show/swap meetis coming up

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know a guy just south of Harrisburg Pa (Newberry) deals in 73-79 ford truck parts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
T Bolt....any more information. I will be in Hershey all week....not too far from Harrisburg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts