460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to start a new project for a friend 75 f100 street truck with daily driving capabilities with a little extra go when needed. Wanted no less than 10mpg, pump gas, good handling , a.c. and some go, we came up with a 495 twin turbo with e4od trans. Here's a couple pics of truck as it is now.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some specs on the engine, a460 block, 4.150 scat forged crank, scat h beam rods, racetech pistons, afr 295 heads with .25 raised ports, afr intake, comp ultra mag rockers, comp roller lifters, forgot cam specs. Engine is 9:1 for pump fuel hope fully efficient enough to pull the mileage, going to run twin ls series 7675 precision turbos 8-10 pounds should put us around 1000hp, after all the plumbing is done will be headed to dyno. Will be using a fitech 1200 hp system , looking forward to seeing how this works.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not trying to make as much power as possible, wanted a efficient engine that would make good power and not turning it hard, mileage was the biggest concern with this build, smallest displacement possible was what we wanted, 270s would of fit the build but if he wants to grow down the road he's got room to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dynoed the engine Saturday, used a 750 carb, all we had at the time, set timing at 30 degrees, engine by itself did 674/ 650 . Mainly just did break in and make sure for proper operation, should be a hand full with 8-10 psi on it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hand full may be quite an understatement! On the E4OD...not a bad trans but not my favorite either.Had some problems with some big diesel builds but I realize that's a completely different animal.Don't cut any corners on the trans build or the converter. I don't know,if it were mine I would consider a C6 and a Gear Vendors but then no lock up...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Dynoed the engine Saturday, used a 750 carb, all we had at the time, set timing at 30 degrees, engine by itself did 674/ 650 . Mainly just did break in and make sure for proper operation, should be a hand full with 8-10 psi on it.
What's the cam in this puppy?..................make's killer N/A power for being a turbo build.

It's guna be a torque monster with the turbo's on.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We considered the c6 and overdrive, but lack of no lock upwas why we want to the e4od, transmission is suppose to handle 900hp, guy builds them for the diesels and says he has very good results, that we will see for sure.
Bob as far as cam specs I have them wrote down some where, it was a custom spec cam from bullet, and the engine builder was very surprised with what it did, he was figuring 580 and I was figuring around 620, very happy with what it did for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts