460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the ad I have in the local truck trader:

"1977 Ford F250 4x4, 78K original miles, 351M, C6, NP205, 39.5” Super Swampers, 8” lift, 99% rust free, aftermarket headers, intake, carb, tachometer, etc., runs and drives great $5500"

I would drive this truck across the country without a concern. It runs and drives really good. I have owned quite a few lifted trucks and this is the best driving truck I've ever had. The steering isn't worn out like many older, lifted trucks end up.

I bought this truck off Ebay about 2.5 years ago. After buying it, I replaced the fuel pump, gave it a tune up, and fixed a couple fuel leaks. The gas tank sits behind the seat, but I have a tank to put under the bed.

This truck is a shortbed! I have inspected the frame and the welds look good and they done a good job of boxing the frame. Quality job.

This truck has spent the majority of its life lifted. That's why the miles are so low.

The good, bad, and ugly:
--Cracked windshield
--When you fill the gas tank all the way up, you smell fuel for a while (until the level goes down far enough). That’s why I’m wanting to put the other tank in it.
--It has two dents to speak of:
1) On the roof (I have no idea how it got there)
2) On the passenger door
--It's missing both turn signal lenses on the front. If you have them and would like to sell them, please let me know.
--The truck has a sunroof/moonroof. The previous owner painted over it. It still allows light through, but is obviously painted. He also siliconed it shut. I haven't messed with it much. It does leak, but not very much.
--Rancho RS9000 shocks in the front. RS5000 in the rear.
--I pulled the carpet out of a ~94 F150. It's not a perfect fit and it's just laying in there. It's not too bad though. A person could easily remove it.
--Gauges: Tachometer, water temp, and oil pressure.
--Speedometer doesn't read correctly.
--New battery, and 0/2 battery cables.
--New thermostat and radiator cap. Flushed the coolant system.
--Aftermarket headers, intake, Holley Carb w/ electric choke, chrome valve covers
--New harmonic balancer

I have about 20 pictures downloaded. If you want specific pictures or video of the truck, just let me know.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=3aa4&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Note: My camera made the paint look pretty shiny. It's not that shiny.

The short and simple:
This truck is not a restored truck. It is a low mileage original truck that’s in pretty darned good shape for a ‘77.
Trades:
I am interested in a partial/full trade for another stock-ish Ford truck. The truck can be a 2x4 or 4x4. I’m not looking for anything that’s as big as what I’ve got (If I was, I’d keep what I already have  ). The truck I’m searching for will be getting a turbocharged 460. With that being the case, I don’t really car what motor it has or how well it runs. It does need to look decent though. I would prefer a newer (92+) or older truck (pre 72) with a full frame. I’m not too interested in the ‘between’ years.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Have a good day!
Michael

Edit: Bad link

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Just curious, what front & rear axles does it have?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear is a Dana 60 and I'm 98% sure the front is a Dana 44 HD (big hubs).

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TTT

Because I'm tired of paying insurance for this thing, the price/trade is negotiable.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Winter time is coming...don't worry about those nasty roads! Throw this bad-boy in 4x4 and drive with confidence!

TTT

Have a good day!
Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts