460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 bronco on 35" bogger/TSL's and ~6" lift. Mild 460 maybe 430HP, 550 ft/lbs, 4.56 gears, c6 np205. I am trying to get it to hook a little better off of a brake launch. In sand drags/hill climbs I typically launch in Low/drive and let it shift on its own. I will be putting some softer springs in the rear, which I'm sure will help with the weight transfer. Is there anything else I can do besides the softer springs to get it to launch harder? Other than the obvious, better tires, more power, etc...

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's heavy, gonna take more grunt for a big launch.
What convertor? What rpm launch?
Boggers cut?
With 5.13s and a 9" convertor mine transferred pretty well, but with the lift springs they will be stiff and not allow weight transfer as much

·
Registered
773 Posts
Boggers cut?
With 5.13s and a 9" convertor mine transferred pretty well, but with the lift springs they will be stiff and not allow weight transfer as much

How's it going Isaac?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boggers cut?
Yeah I sure wish I had more like 600hp! Convertor is about 2500 stall 12". Launching in low range makes it hard to hold with the brakes. Can only get up to about 1000RPM before it starts moving on me. Unfortunately I don't have cut boggers.... YET. :grin:
Hopefully the softer springs will work a little better. Front springs are already real soft so it should stretch a little.

Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah I sure wish I had more like 600hp! Convertor is about 2500 stall 12". Launching in low range makes it hard to hold with the brakes. Can only get up to about 1000RPM before it starts moving on me. Unfortunately I don't have cut boggers.... YET. :grin:
Hopefully the softer springs will work a little better. Front springs are already real soft so it should stretch a little.

Thanks

What shocks do you have on the front? Regular ole lift shocks aren't valved the best for weight transfer. I'd put a much looser converter in too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What shocks do you have on the front? Regular ole lift shocks aren't valved the best for weight transfer. I'd put a much looser converter in too.
I am just running regular ole lift shocks right now. Planning on some extended radius arms this summer, so I will invest in some bilsteins or similar at that point. Thanks for the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts