460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1978 F250 Crew Cab. Original DSO for Seattle Fire.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It had some rough times...
200 year old cedar fell, broke on the peak of the house, and the top rolled down onto the truck. This took a while to repair.. but I had some expert help.

BTW, he's 20 years old now.
Well, after about 30 months in the garage...

Screenshot_20210208-154935.png

We got Big Red back on the road.

Fast forward to 2 years ago.. the fairly healthy 400 fell victim to one too many red-line revs. . .
I grabbed a crate 400 to dump in, since I needed the truck to haul materials to finish a home renovation...

That was a bad idea... Well, not really since I did get the house done. But, that's one anemic V8, and the truck is just about a tug boat now. I'm ready to give the big beast some pep in the step.
I'm planning 532 CID, mild enough to be driven daily.. but still getting up around 1 HP per Cubic Inch.
After 20 years with this truck I figure it's time.
I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eliminator Ultra block, sitting with my name on it! Just waiting for shipping costs so I can load up the VISA
Thank you Scotty
looks like we can go 557 CID on this one.

#PPAM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrScharfenberger....that thing is just going to hop up and down when you mash the gas on that big 557.

. yup, keeping the back planted will be a chore.
what a nice problem to have 🤪

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, them Eliminator Blocks are pretty hard to get my hands on. The Ultra (blem unit, but nothing that would hurt me) checked out to have more problems than originally thought.. so it was destroyed. Now I'm waiting in line for the next available block. Prolly be the Street/Race block, which is still overkill for my daily driver project. I'd rather get a great block that (if I don't anything really really stupid) is a good candidate for several freshen-ups and rebuilds. I've already been huffing it up n down the highway in this truck for 20 years, and I'll not be retired for another 20 or so... and Lord willing will still have a decade of decadence after that... So I'm figuring in the next 30 years I'll probably freshen up a time or two, then rebuild - freshen up a time or two then rebuild - then maybe freshen up a time or two more before my coffin goes in the truck bed for my last ride. I hope they give me a good burnout on the way to the crematorium... seems fitting.
Any how, the overkill block will hopefully keep me with a good foundation for a few decades, that is if I can one in the next few decades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts