460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well those two rubber mounted bolts are sitting in two frame holes !!
a long way to go but it was 26 yrs since my barn saw a 460/80 four eyed mustang.
ive been picking away thru the cold weather in my cold barn.
now i can make progress...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well those two rubber mounted bolts are sitting in two frame holes !!
a long way to go but it was 26 yrs since my barn saw a 460/80 four eyed mustang.
ive been picking away thru the cold weather in my cold barn.
now i can make progress... View attachment 92706
lots to do. gotta trim that air bracket !!
this is day one,first checkout...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lots to do. gotta trim that air bracket !!
this is day one,first checkout...
well, 3 steps forward, then 2 steps back...
the high mount alt looks ez to get to but look at my upper hose, impossible, and the alt was crowding the batt.
it had to go. looked good on the floor !!

it took hours to get the right bolts and spacers to move it down where my old one was.
the serpentine stuff made it high. had to toss the brackets and make up some bolted assm.
not done yet. still 2 serp belts, could not make one do it... tried...
its not pretty but its hidden. pix tomorrow...

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
175 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I believe won't a 3G alternator fit in the bracket the way that you've got that setup? The pulley arrangement looks like the one I've got on the 97 460 I got for my pony and it came with a 3G. Not trying to make more work for you or anything, but if the bolt holes are 180 deg apart I think it'll fit if you want to upgrade it at some time. All you'd need would be the pigtails for it, I got mine from Amazon on the cheap and did a retrofit on the 351M that's in mine now. Looks like you've been getting a lot of work done on it! I've been following your thread for any helps I can get for mine, cheers and good luck!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just got a belt to fit . im thinking of a one wire alt to keep it simple but ldk what to get.
having trbl with power steering belt. cant get size right for tensioner. 54 in is short,55 is long !!auto

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got a belt to fit . im thinking of a one wire alt to keep it simple but ldk what to get.
having trbl with power steering belt. cant get size right for tensioner. 54 in is short,55 is long !!auto
im having the tensioner modded longer to get more range.
ill get new pix friday...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
on to tranny mount...crossmember hits reverse rod for hurst shifter..
.tried bending it up. no help...
now what.???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts