460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 f-25 with a 5.8...The other day it started running and idling like crap...If you take off from a light it runs good other than somtimes it acts like a carb with a bad accelerator pump...But its at cruise speed that it screws up,if you hold it say 1500 rpm itll run at that then it will drop a couple hundred rpm then come back up...I put a tp sensor on yesterday which cured the idle problem 100% but still "surges" at speed...fuel pressure is about 35 psi idle and about 40+ on the throttle...checked for vac leaks...Any ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No codes and i clean the iac when i had the throttle body off.......HEELLPP
Ok soo im talking to myself here....I think i may or may not fixed it...The exaust pipe right before the 02 sensor was cracked about 3/4 the way around and was leaking pretty bad.....Maybe sucking air in and givin the 02 a crappy reading?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok soo im talking to myself here....I think i may or may not fixed it...The exaust pipe right before the 02 sensor was cracked about 3/4 the way around and was leaking pretty bad.....Maybe sucking air in and givin the 02 a crappy reading?
Ok did dist cap and rotor,tfi module and tp sensor.still does the same thing...getting a 02 sensor circuit code

·
Registered
120 Posts
^It sure does!! A buddy of mine had a 302 powered '88 F-150 that was a no start. A shop had it for a week trying to figure it out and couldn't. He brought it home and I had it running in two hours. It turned out to be a corroded wire way inside the engine harness. What a pain sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts