460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my 2nd 466 build,first was good old farm truck.this time 88 t-birb t/c,plan on d-d motor plate kit,c6,8.8 with 3.73 untill it breaks.the engine will be built as the p51 kaase in phr.only plan on hbeam rods bottom end studs and block guide plate.will the roller cam bearings be worth it,will the engine need oil mods.build it for 7500rpm go 7000rpm ? thanks steve :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
steves4570 said:
this is my 2nd 466 build,first was good old farm truck.this time 88 t-birb t/c,plan on d-d motor plate kit,c6,8.8 with 3.73 untill it breaks.the engine will be built as the p51 kaase in phr.only plan on hbeam rods bottom end studs and block guide plate.will the roller cam bearings be worth it,will the engine need oil mods.build it for 7500rpm go 7000rpm ? thanks steve :mrgreen:

Steve: Welcome to the forum ! :D

I also have a 87 Turbo Coupe currently with a 460 truck engine (hopefully soon with a Kaase Boss)

Good selection on the P 51 heads and H-beams. The Kaase oil pump from what I have heard is one trick piece.

Lots of good engine builders on here with good advice.

If someone post some B.S. advise on this forum, it doesn't take long for the good experienced builders to chime in and post their opinions. :wink:

Keep us posted with your project.

Alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts