460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Based on all the discussion lately about the cost of the short deck block $1700 seems like a pretty good price unless I am missing something.

·
Registered
351 Posts
the pro stock block from ford racing part number is m-6010-a-500 and has a 9.300" deck height with siamese cylinder bores and 2.749 cleveland style mains. it's designed for the 18 bolt cylinder head pattern of the e-460 heads.

this very well may be a svo a-460 block machined down to 9.75" as listed. :wink:

·
Registered
508 Posts
you know after i posted this i went and looked up the A500 block and realized I was way off. The reason I asked, was b/c I thought he 500 block was a smaller deck height then the 460 block and I was right about that but not on the block. Thanks poppa :wink:
bigpoppapreston said:
the pro stock block from ford racing part number is m-6010-a-500 and has a 9.300" deck height with siamese cylinder bores and 2.749 cleveland style mains. it's designed for the 18 bolt cylinder head pattern of the e-460 heads.

this very well may be a svo a-460 block machined down to 9.75" as listed. :wink:

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The above pic is NOT the 9.75 block (the block with the pistons).
The 9.75 block, in the RJ ad, is the one on the red handtruck. There is a
second pic of it showing the roller cam bearings.

·
Registered
324 Posts
BAD KARMA

Look in the Lifter Valley there is normaly a Boss Some times there Drilled some times there Not. But they are always in the Center of the of the bore at the Top. There is 1 Photo thats AWOL. the SVO Cast in the lifter Valley. I could be wrong. You can see the Bolt Bosses are gone or where they ever there. If this block had been milled this much you would not see the depression between the Center of the Block at the Bottom Between what apearse to be #2 and #3 Cylinders. There are no Provision for the 8 Interior Bolts on this Block. Why Would Ford Use a Bolt with 6 sides and a bolt with 12 Sides. On the Main Caps. Has any one seen this before. I Know He Could Have Added a Better Set of 12 sided Bolt's but wouldn't you go all the way and get all of the Studs with 12 sides If it was a change to a better bolt. what I don't know is the water Ports. his add said the 4.6 Pistons came from a 600 there is nothing that said where the block came from. 9.75 from 10.320 is .500 the crevice would be gone between #2 and #3. It would be great if some one with a new a460 block would use a depth mic to see how Deep the V is. Just for Kicks and If you have an a460 block tell me if the other 2 lands between the Cylinders are there.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Block

The part number for that block is M-6010-C460. 34 total were produced. Most had the D-460 head fastener pattern. Some were made with the 10 bolt 9/16 pattern with and without the valley and exhaust 7/16 holes. The valley lugs have to be removed for a Hemi head. The decks are drilled and plugged like the A & B-460 blocks. The mains are 2.75 like the B-460. There are no oil supply galleys for 2-5 cam beraings. Oil return passages in the decks need flaring to align with the head. They were drilled before decking based on A-460 prints and are misaligned. You will need to drill one additional bell housing bolt to meet the NHRA rewquirement of 6 bolts.
Use the Lincoln C-6 bolt hole for the other. It also has extended cylinders somewhat like a small block or A-500. The belt drive will loose the upper right bolt hole. You can drill another one lower if you wish. They are nice blocks if you have a need for a 9.75 deck.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I just can't believe all the Pissin and Moaning about one of these Block last month and no one has Yabba's enough to buy this dang thing!!!!!

I know it is more than a $1.00 but this is a heck of a deal...
Now someone that was doing all the Pissin, needs to step up and purchase it... :roll:

JMHO
Randy

·
Registered
324 Posts
this aint pissin It's schoolin

this aint pissin It's schoolin. Thats a hell of a story. you see some one should write a Book there are More Quirks than you could Imagine. Great story. How many of these are still around. They only made 30 Makes you wounder why they didn't Make More, But with everyone going big cube Makes since. So is there any record as to how they Performed and what was the cubic inches you could get out of one of these Blocks. The stroke is what intrest's Me. They are Talking about a Nitro JR/Fuel Class. this year the Rules say 480 cid Max. Doesn't give me a good felling. it's a lot to drop into a motor and then have a rule change in 09

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Re: this aint pissin It's schoolin

blackjackhp said:
this aint pissin It's schoolin. They are Talking about a Nitro JR/Fuel Class. this year the Rules say 480 cid Max. Doesn't give me a good felling. it's a lot to drop into a motor and then have a rule change in 09

Rules change all the time if you are waiting for someone to promise you they will be the same for now on you ned to sell everything and take up Penuckle that way you don't have all the rule changes. :wink:

Randy

·
Registered
266 Posts
cougar1969 said:
I just can't believe all the Pissin and Moaning about one of these Block last month and no one has Yabba's enough to buy this dang thing!!!!!

Now someone that was doing all the Pissin, needs to step up and purchase it... :roll:

JMHO
Randy
Already purchased a block, I don't need that one. Thank you for worrying about me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
cougar1969 said:

JMHO
Randy
------------
I called on this block & the gent said the block was sold to someone in ark. unless shipping kills the deal and if so the gent. has my name & #

·
Registered
13 Posts
short deck block

i know this is an old post but had a min before work and was looking around I ended up buying this block got it home and went by Lems and let him and Charlie look at it it was everything the man said i got it home and got to cleaning on it and found several cracks around most of the head bolt area maybe when the block was damaged in the wreck but either way the Gentleman was nice enough to take it back and here we are. dont mean to bring an old post back from months ago but i havent posted on anything in a while and just had to 8) Jeremy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts