460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford 9 in. Richmond Pro Gears, 4.30 ratio, with approx 12 passes, in excellent condition.
$200.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
125 Posts
pro gears

is there any way other then removing the yoke i can tell from the outside if i have small or large pinion ? like measuring the seal diameter or something like that ? i just bought a tube chassis mustang II with a strange center section , it has an awfull large looking pinion seal on the alluminium support ! it has 4.88's now for 1/8 , i want to go 1/4 mile with it and i was thinking 4.11's or 4.30's , 2050lb car with 514" ! if i could tell from the outside i'de buy them if they'de fit , i don't want to buy a new support to put them in later down the road !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the Pro Gears, 35 spline pinon.

You might check the part number on your strange housing, then call strange or check their catalog to see if it is a 28 spline housing or a pro gear 35 spline housing.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
pinion

Shouldnt have to remove yoke, most you should need to do is get the driveshaft out of the way and take the pinion nut off to see what size it is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
28 vs 35 spline pinion

i never thought of looking at the nut , i thought they where the same size , like they neck it down ( the end of the pinion ) at the threads !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts