460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've started my sleeper build with keeping the stock 10 holes and stock hood in mind and just wanted to contribute to all the others doing the swap or one similar . my goal is a 10.99 in the 1/4 on motor. i will be updating as i make progress hopefully each saturday..... ENJOY !!!!

Combo:

ebay swap mounts
stock truck oil pan
d9te shortblock 10.2:1
c8ve heads ported
ford racing a443 cam
torker 2 intake "port matched"
holley 3310 750cfm "tricked"
14 lb pro comp fuel pump
billet regulator
3/8 fuel line "aluminum"
1.73 roller rockers
2600 stall
c6
8.8 disc rear
adjustable uppers
355 gears
1.5" k-member spacers "made out of roll cage tubing"
29/8x15 hoosier slicks

· Registered
71 Posts
car

the body looks mint! sweet setup for the street i put a 87 notch together for my buddy this winter with a c9ve 429 with a new cam and stealth intake 750 carb 3200 stall c4 and 410s has been best of 6.70 in the 18th but should be more in it than that.

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the body looks mint! sweet setup for the street i put a 87 notch together for my buddy this winter with a c9ve 429 with a new cam and stealth intake 750 carb 3200 stall c4 and 410s has been best of 6.70 in the 18th but should be more in it than that.
thanks, yeah its solid i'm going to drive it like that for a little while then paint it titanium silver and put the black back arounf the trim.so is it a 429 or 460ci. thats flying for a very simple setup ! yeah i bought the car in lower ga because i couldn't find a coupe around here. hoping to have it running this weekend and maybe driving and a couple of weeks.

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what did you make the spacers out of?
a friend that has done a lot of bbf swaps gave them to me. they look like they were cut out of thick wall roll cage tubing 1.5" !

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea its a 429 ill get some pics of what it looked like before and after somtime.
so is the 6.70 in the 1/8th all motor ? what cam did you use thats pretty stout......

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have a pic of the brake booster vs. valve cover area?
well the clearance is that there is none, i have the stock 4 cyl booster that is the pan cake one and it is kissing the valve cover, i'm looking for a v8 booster as of right now. it will not clear with out the 1.5" spacers and stock 4cyl booster.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
I have the same booster in my 83 and do have 1.5" spacers. Just about ready to mock the motor up in it. I was hoping it would clear with the spacers installed.

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the same booster in my 83 and do have 1.5" spacers. Just about ready to mock the motor up in it. I was hoping it would clear with the spacers installed.
well mines kissing it and theres no way you could remove the valve cover ! i also don't have the k member installed so it may be worse, i just have it jacked up close right now !

· Registered
110 Posts
what is that box thing next to the water pump that says summit racing on it?

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what is that box thing next to the water pump that says summit racing on it?
that is the factory oil cooler from a 93 f350 that came on the motor i just cleaned it up and reused it. just one of my ways of trying to keep this thing cool ! i also have a factory c6 trans cooler from an older ambulance i'm going to use. i painted it silver and added the summit sticker. haha

· Registered
110 Posts
well man it is looking sweet an i hope my engine fits while keeping the booster i have an aje k-member an im going to use 1.5" spacers

· Registered
110 Posts
wait that is an oil cooler you have coolant going thru? if so that is a great idea

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wait that is an oil cooler you have coolant going thru? if so that is a great idea
Yes it should work good but it is very close to the radiator i'm going to have a very short hose shaped like an s or shorten the neck on the cooler !

· Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Cool build.
Thanks for posting pics and details !

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well doesn't look like i made much progress but i have been fighting with the steering and headers all day ! also i did get the trans cooler mounted and the lines ran.i did try to crank the engine and found out my brand new factory mini starter is grinding really badly, i think it may be bad, if you have any suggestions please help ! but here are some pictures !!!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.