460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 F350(13,000 lbs) lately has had a low range hesitation.Almost like the advance is improper and has even popped on occasion through intake.If it down shifts or I rev it up a bit it goes away.We been at the lake a lot of idling around with campsite area.
I have up graded exhaust to Herman’s and a almalmostst straight through exhaust.I have a couple extra degrees of timing as well.Other than this the truck is almost completely stock.
What should I be looking at or is this a common thing with these?Seems to be new to these s truck.Can a faulty module cause this?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be suspicious of the Throttle Position Sensor. (TPS) Another thought is the spout plug that you removed to set the timing. Did you reinstall it?
The pop is a lean condition at low speed. If it runs correctly at higher RPMs, while under load, then the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter are probably OK.

Richard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response.I will have a look at the spout.I was wondering same about fuel pump but it’s good at rpm and both were changed within a ya or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of factory shop manuals but they are in storage.How do I check the tps?I assume resistance at sensor when unplugged.Voltage when plugged in?
What are the specs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
3 connections on TPS. +5 volts, -5 volts and about .9 volts to 4.6 volts on output pin from start of travel to end of travel. 0.9 to 0.99 volts at idle. Remove connector and connect ANALOG ohmmeter to one of the input pins and the output pin. Exercise the TPS and watch the meter needle for smooth movement. Any wiggles in the meter needle would indicate a bad TPS.

Richard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Thanks
I am going to try to find one at a wrecker.
I was told min 10 days and likely more for a new one with covid bs shipped to Canada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts