460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mainly stock 73-up motor, d3's ported(was going to do dove's but out of the bugdet,and using my old head was just flat out cheaper!
saturday night special cam kit,750 holley, c-6 with a shift kit, and 2000 stall. maybe a little spray. just something mild to get the car mobile . and im sure it will just fry tires.
everything is going into a 99gt

hopefully tyler will post the pic of the car!

lots of goodies

got most of the block prep done, just need to hone it,wash,install the cam bearings.

started cleaning the rest up.

starting getting the heads out for cleaning, removed the springs, do some clean up.

everything cleaned, i knocked new cam bearing in it(yes i have that tool too!)
honed, crank checked great, new bearing rings etc!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just waiting on a few dumb parts now

and a idea of what it will look like

going to start resealing the heads and do some clean up work on them, and everything on this thing will be going blacked out. only thing shiny will be the bolts.

ideas of black out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol its already off...i have running ponys like a v6 car, but i painted them black...and a v6 rear bumper...hell if the car isnt running people will think its a sixxer...maybe we can hussle this summer!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol its already off...i have running ponys like a v6 car, but i painted them black...and a v6 rear bumper...hell if the car isnt running people will think its a sixxer...maybe we can hussle this summer!
all ready have idea for the exhuast!!! :ninja:

·
Registered
83 Posts
lets just throw the d3's on it and get it running... ill worry about better heads later after i got a tranny and rear end.... i want to build that stroker eventually, so i just want to get a motor in the car to drive around for now

·
Registered
690 Posts
this thing really needs some dove heads on it
Why? D0VEs dont flow any better than D3s. You'll gain compression but you'll probably be over 10:1 and have to run race gas only unless your tune and cam choice is spot on.

Who put the idea in peoples head that with everything else being 100% equal/the same D0VEs are better than D3s?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Why? D0VEs dont flow any better than D3s. You'll gain compression but you'll probably be over 10:1 and have to run race gas only unless your tune and cam choice is spot on.

Who put the idea in peoples head that with everything else being 100% equal/the same D0VEs are better than D3s?
the d3s are off of gearheads car...he switched to doves, and i believe he was running race gas even with the d3s...free ported d3s > doves that i gotta pay for lol....next set of heads i actually buy will be aluminum, i just want to slap this car together for now

·
Registered
690 Posts
OK, I understand now. I love it when friends try to sell you something :D.

What I dont understand is why people take their D3s off and spend big money for a set of D0VEs for no real gain.

Im done now. I dont want to start an arguement.

·
Registered
83 Posts

What I dont understand is why people take their D3s off and spend big money for a set of D0VEs for no real gain.

he wasnt selling me anything lol...hes actually the main one putting this project together, and was nice enough to let me use his ported heads for the motor without charging me...

i have no idea what is done to his doves, how much he paid, or what the gains are...so i cant comment on that

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

it needs the compression, and it will be lucky to have 8.5 to one with this setup.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

i know they dont flow better, but dont you think it would work much better and make more power with more compression?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
who is tryying to sell him something? when i am giving him my old heads?

and maybe you should read up. doves are better. more compression, and short turn exhaust port.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts