460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having this same problem on two separate vehicles, an 01 F-350 and a 91 pontiac grand prix i picked up for cheap.

A/C compressor will not click on whatsoever on either vehicle. I know the grand prix had almost no pressure in the lines, haven't checked the ford yet but i suspect its the same. Is there a certain amount of pressure required for the compressor clutch to even kick on? All ive ever had to do was top off a few systems to get them cooling right, and they always had the compressor constantly kicking on and off in fast succession. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Yes they have to be up to a certain pressure for them to come they have a pressure switch on them so you dont burn the compressor up it takes about 2 cans before mine would start to come on,on a 95 grand am of my doughter's when i changed the compressor out on it and filter

·
Registered
183 Posts
if you add a can make sure it has UV dye in it. this way when it leaks out again. and it will if you didnt fix any leaks this time around.. it will help you find the leak. and if you have no clue what your doing with ac. find someone who does to help out. i see this all the time where someone goes and buys those quick charge kits, has no idea what they are doing and over charges the system, doing more damage than good..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts