460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are from today here at the airport test track... The temp was hovering around 100* and as you'll see in the vids, this track is "very" virgin... Very little rubber... The truck ran very well, but with the lack of rubber, and the high temps I was .4 slower today than at a good track in much cooler weather... 1st 2 it ran a [email protected] 91mph and the 3rd it ran a [email protected] 91mph... All in all I was pretty happy

This was I guess more like a T&T/Grudge match day and I had 1 Grudge match in particular...
Race 1... This retard has a Mazda RX-7 with a 496" BBC and for the last week he was runnin' off at the mouth about how he was gonna make my "Ford Truck" look sick... And when I pulled up next to him in the staging lanes he asked me if I had my bottle turned on, I said "I don't need no bottle for you" Well you be the judge... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Race 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biqauMG1VAs

The 2nd race, (if you can call it that :lol: :lol: :lol:) my son went wandering through the pits, gonna line up dad a race :roll: :roll: :roll:
This guy's got a Mitsubishi Lancer, was running real good... Watched him run down a 'Vette and beat him by .4 So, my son asked the guy, hey ya wanna race my dad??? He says whatcha got??? My son says, an F150 :shock: :shock: :shock: The guy says, sure bring him on... The guy tells me before we line up he ran a best of [email protected] 98mph back in Wisconsin... I'm thinking we might have a good close race here... I'm thinking someone mighta been fibbin' a little...

Race 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQyPXICUO8

The 3rd run was a bye, but my best time of the day, [email protected] 91mph... I had my son do the vids from behind to see what my suspension was up to, looks fair, but I think some ladder bars would be great...
Thanks for all the help and support guys... And a big thank you to Frank Merkl for talking me through my trans issue... No more 2-3 flare-up :D :D :D Enjoy...

Race 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMkl6uS2CN4

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Damn Doug, that truck is really hauling a$$ now. Good to hear your son setting up grudge matches :lol: . What size tire and gear are you running? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
richter69 said:
the 1960's called and said they want their little blue car back............wtf :lol:
Yeah Jon, I don't know what's up with that thing, it sits higher than my truck for cryin'out loud... Just before my 3rd run, he walked by my truck and I asked him if he was ready to go again, and he didn't even acknowledge I was there... That's ok though, he works at one of the tire shops here, I might just have to see if I can find a flat to take in to get fixed... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey John, (77F150) I'm running a 30-13.50-15 ET Street @ 9-1/2# with a 4.56 gear... I just changed the gear from 4.11, but I think I should've waited until after this race due to the poor surface at this particular facility Basically I learned nothing from it...

Thanks Nick, I moved my shift point from 6200-6500 and it seems to like it with the 4.56's...

Thanks for the comments guys...

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I'll bet its that new Lexan is helping a little too. Way to kick some butt. 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rob, after changing out the side glass and all the roller mechanisms, and the windshield, I got this thing under 3500# now... :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doug Rahn said:
Very cool 8) If this is a drag only truck, you can shed some more pounds by changing the front tires to some M/T Front Runners or Hoosier Drag Fronts.
Yes sir... It is drag only, I'm working on that already... I've got the wheels and tires, there's 3 weeks before the next race, so I'm gonna try and get the 2wd front end swapped in and check into having the front rotors re-drilled for 4 1/2" bolt pattern, and work on gettin' the rearend lowered as well... :wink:

Thanks for the comments Doug and Rick... :D

Doug... 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts