460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm about to hook the bottle up and I have a couple of questions about tech. First off do you think I'm going to get booted from the track for breaking into the 9's without a compitition liscense? I have everything else they require to run that fast except I need to install my window net. That brings me to my second question. What is the best way to install the window net? Anyone have pics of a fox body with one?
Thanks again
Spc. Ford

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doug. Hey do you remember how lazy my car was launching? I found out that the front end limiters were set way too tight and that's why the front end wasn't rising at all. I loosened them up so we'll see if it works out. I'm trying to find a race to attend around here within the next month where I can try out the bottle. See ya later.
Spc. Ford

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Here's what they have planned next month at SRD.

SAVANNAH RIVER DRAGWAY

JUNE -17 $$$$$$$$$ BIG SHOW $$$$$$$$

CARS AND TRUCKS(RAILS NOT INCLUDED)

5.5 ET CLASS - $1000 TO WIN - $500 RUNNER UP -($50 ENTRY)
6.0 ET CLASS - $500 TO WIN - $300 RUNNER UP -($40 ENTRY)
7.0 ET CLASS - $300 TO WIN - $150 RUNNER UP -($30 ENTRY)
8.0 ET CLASS - $150 TO WIN - $100 RUNNER UP -($25 ENTRY)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the schedule for the past 3 months they have had a street car shootout listed for that weekend. I emailed the owner and kept trying to get rules and details from him and he never got back to me. I was really interested to see what they came up with but I guess he just didn't want to mess with it. I'm not sure if I will go to that race or not. There is a street car race in S.C. next month. There is also one at Reynolds on the 11th. I contacted the people for the Reynolds race and they are allowing E.T. streets in drag radial. The last race they had a couple of months ago the winner of drag radial won with a 10.5 1/4. Although maybe I could try my luck against that white mustang again only this time I'll have the spray hooked up.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You're welcome. I would like to but I have to many irons in the fire right now. I have to get my car finished this summer if it kills me, plus I'm building a new small block for my nephews car and keeping his current motor running. Just to much to do and not enough time to do it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand. I just liked your work plus I don't have a welder yet. I have no idea of anywhere around here that can do the work. I may take it home this winter and have a couple of buddies and I thrash for the week of Christmas. I think we can get it painted and the cage updated in a week. Maybe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts