460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TopSportsman916 said:
Jerry, car is looking awesome. Will you be running 16" beadlocks on the car?
yes I have to send these off and get the beadlocks installed OR just buy a set from one of the fule cars around here. Ill do some checking. If i buy new ones these 16 X 16's will be up for sale.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Jerry, my recollection was 2550 race ready (I know we were 200 overweight) with the all alum 632, single 4 bbl, steel can, crower clutch, Lenco, and it had 17X34.5 tires. That weight also includes Lance with about the same ammount of OEM steel as your car has. I remember more pipe in the front tho.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bcr466 said:
Jerry, my recollection was 2550 race ready (I know we were 200 overweight) with the all alum 632, single 4 bbl, steel can, crower clutch, Lenco, and it had 17X34.5 tires. That weight also includes Lance with about the same ammount of OEM steel as your car has. I remember more pipe in the front tho.
sounds bout right we'll say 2700 for kicks

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Jerry,

Is that the Marvin Bridge that him and is son races a Modular Turbo car in N.M.R.A Drag Radial.If it's my friend talked to Marvin at the N.M.R.A in Michigan said he was a nice guy.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark Miller said:
Jerry,

Is that the Marvin Bridge that him and is son races a Modular Turbo car in N.M.R.A Drag Radial.If it's my friend talked to Marvin at the N.M.R.A in Michigan said he was a nice guy.

Later Mark.
yes he is a super nice guy,ford blue folks...... they dd some work on the car before I moved it up here to Indy to be close to me. Andy Smith has it now @ Pro tree race cars just north of indy.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Damn nice! 8)

And as I always say, 69-70 Mustangs are the BEST 'Stang body style Ford ever made. :twisted:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looking great...

I find myself repeating the 10th commandment alot when I see works in progress like this. .. :lol:

Will you be using a factory dash or a fabbed piece? Thanks for sharing the photos!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Looking great...

hotrodbird said:
I find myself repeating the 10th commandment alot when I see works in progress like this. .. :lol:

Will you be using a factory dash or a fabbed piece? Thanks for sharing the photos!
I don't know. Andy might have an idea about sticking one of those fiberglass reproduction dash covers in it. We'll just have to see how easy it is when we get that far.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. said:
Damn nice! 8)

And as I always say, 69-70 Mustangs are the BEST 'Stang body style Ford ever made. :twisted:
Amen brother, you're preachin to the choir. :wink:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Jerry,

The September 2008 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords magazine has a article on page 170 on Sonny Biggs car.It's the car that Bridge Racing built and the car they had in Michigan when my friend talked to Marvin.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mark Miller said:
Jerry,

The September 2008 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords magazine has a article on page 170 on Sonny Biggs car.It's the car that Bridge Racing built and the car they had in Michigan when my friend talked to Marvin.

Later Mark.
I dont doubt it, those guys are doing sweet things with the Mod motors. You wont meet any more dedicated Blue Oval racers than Marvin and Joey. Marvin loves the Old school stuff too. Really good people, cant say enough good bout them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts