460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of truck cam vids from last sat. Kasey's truck ran good but I am still fighting my fuel pressure problem as you will see when I am coming out the end on the first vid. But anyway I will post up some other vids from the stands when I get them processed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JM8zWjzmm0

Derrick

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Derrick,

Couldn't get over your RPM's and how quick you ate that track up! It's hard to tell from where I'm sitting to hear you run out of gas. That really sucks! I'm sure you are running good stuff but those RPM's might be sucking your fuel line empty!! What do you use for line diameter and pump(s)?

Your wife's truck runs really strong too !! Glad I don't have to race either of you!! She's doing a pretty darn good job driving for sure!!

Sure hope you get your fuel issues figured out! Your pressure gauge drops off just at the end? Just checking, you do have one where you can see it...right?

Sure hope you get it straightened out!!

Lets see some more vids!!

PS. What are you using for a camera in cab? It works really well!!!

Jeffro

·
Registered
318 Posts
What do you call that type of racing? That looks fun. Every "organized" mud race or bog event here is just straight line stuff. I look forward to seeing the videos from the stands.

What RPM are you shifting at? Looks like the tach is getting up there.

Hope you get your fuel problem figured out.

What engine is your wife running? She handles her rig pretty good.

Keep the videos coming.

Dave S.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff, that poor old engine got a work out last weekend I think my 2 step quit working because I have my top end chip set at 8,500 and it hit 9,200 a couple of times. as for my fuel system I have a 12an line feeding the pump (Holley Volumemax) and then 5/8 line ran up to the reg and then two 8an lines running to the carb. Fuel Pressure is set at 7psi (Auromotive Regulator) and when I checked line pressure to the regulator it was around 25psi. What I think may be the problem is I am running to big of a return line it is currently an 8an line and Holley said to use a 4an for the return on that pump so I am going to try that and see what happens.... Otherwise may have to buy an A1000 pump or something simular? The camera is kinda a ******* in car cam but hey it works lol it is a Cannon power shot with a homemade bracket to the roll cage and a 1/4" stud that the camera just screws onto with a wing nut for a jam to keep it in place. I will try to get some pics of it.

Dave I run high side of the t-case and usually try and shift at around 7,800 or so. on most tracks I run high side low gear to the corner and grab second for the ride back. I tried second gear on the way down before and it doesn't end well in the corner lol:D As far as what that type of racing is it doesnt really have a name other than down and back track. Kaseys truck has a 351w and she has been driving very well!

Derrick

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Something about a big block singing to 9000 rpm give me a chubbie! I think you already know your problem. I had issues with my old volumax pump, went with an a2000 and haven't looked back! You said you are getting 35psi line pressure to the regulator, what's it dropping to after you are on the throttle for a bit? That's where I saw my issues. Had to rig a guage in the cab and at idle was around 24-25psi line pressure and after being on the throttle for a few seconds it would drop down to almost 15psi and was down to 3-4 after the regulator! With the new pump, I stay at 7.5psi regulator pressure while on the throttle. I've got a -12an from the tank to the pump and a 1/2" from the pump to the reg and 2 -8an to the carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts